Entry-Level Medical Billing Specialist
THIRA Health - Bellevue, WA
Job Type: Full-time, on-site
Required Education: Associate degree
THIRA Health seeks an Entry-Level Medical Billing Specialist to join our team and provide general billing/finance support on both the patient-facing side and the back-office side of operations. The Entry-Level Medical Billing Specialist/Assistant must have strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate must be flexible, detail-oriented, proactive, a team player, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
100% employer-sponsored comprehensive healthcare benefits package; inclusive of Medical, Dental, Vision, & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 100% employer-sponsored income protection benefits package; inclusive of life insurance, short-term disability, & long-term disability insurance
- Generous allotment of Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Beautiful window and art lined office space inclusive of onsite fresh ground coffee, teas, and seasonal fresh fruits plus other snacks
- A fun and supportive workplace culture and team, plus the opportunity to make a significant impact within both the company and the lives of patients!
Review patient financial responsibilities at the time of orientation and collect payments as appropriate
- Serve as primary point of contact for all billing related questions for patients and staff
- Discuss deductible, co-insurance, other financial obligations, and payment plan options with individuals considering admission
- Connect with patient at time of discharge to review billing status and questions
- Evaluate patient financial status and establish payment plan agreements as needed; monitor patient payment plan balance agreements for timely and consistent processing
- Prepare, review, and facilitate mailing out monthly patient statements
- Prepare and submit clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper, following the specified protocol of the insurance company
- Participate in quality reviews for performance improvement; continually evaluate billing processes and practices to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies
- Reconcile daily charges
- Research and resolve complex insurance claim denial
- Collaborate with Utilization Review Department regarding correct authorizations appropriate documentation for clean claim submission and adjudication
- Review provider chart notes to ensure appropriate documentation is maintained for required billing insurance standards
- Ability to demonstrate proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 by 10/18/21 or date of hire if after 10/18/21. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred
Who We Are: THIRA Health offers transformative mental health treatment programs for women and girls age 13-65. THIRA Health programs are based on decades of work with women and girls and are designed to offer a truly transformative, sustainable recovery. Each person has a unique journey to recovery. At THIRA, we address behavioral health needs and promote sustainable recovery by leveraging support systems in all areas of the individual’s life. It is our goal to help each person reach their full potential through recovery. THIRA offers patients solutions that care for the whole person, including nutritional meals, yoga, art therapy, movement therapy, and more.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
THIRA Health is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to ensuring that every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.