Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply material (product) and use all relevant equipment as required
- Follow all standard operating procedures regarding equipment and applications of product
- Operate equipment and perform basic maintenance
- Maintain all equipment in working order, with clean appearance
- Maintain a strong focus on satisfying the customer
- Maintain a positive profile with the customer
- Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Knowledge: Previous steel-making or other related experience preferred but not required. Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulic experience strongly preferred
Skills & Abilities: Communication, interpersonal, adaptability, ability to learn quickly, initiative, integrity, customer and quality focus, judgment/problem-solving, safety awareness.
Physical: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (or more in certain shops). Must be able to withstand the physical pressures of constant standing, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, sitting, extremes of hot and cold, as well as carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects.
General: May require working rotating shifts, emergency call outs, and overtime. Must wear all required safety gear. May be requested to travel.
EOE | Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Chicago, IN 46312: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- (Y/N) Are you willing to work rotating shifts, emergency call outs, and overtime?
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location