The Plant 78 Automation Engineer will assist in the development, installation, and commissioning of the Automation System, and once installed this role will assist in the day-to-day operation, maintenance and analysis of the Automation System. Additionally, this position will provide tangible value through process improvements identified by process awareness and data analysis.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, and is a global leader in delivering carpet, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf, and other specialty products to residential and commercial markets worldwide. We are committed to creating a better future for our customers, our people, our company, and our communities.
- The Process Engineer will be responsible for managing capital projects, driving TPM initiatives and cost improvements, investigating off-quality situations, monitoring and analyzing departmental performance through reports, feedback and observations.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma tools to improve production processes to ensure product and quality goals for the site are met.
- Contributes to process improvement efforts by carrying out medium to large tasks under limited supervision.
- Study processing parameters to improve process performance
- Monitor and debug new methods and procedures to ensure system efficiencies.
- Communicate with downstream processing departments about any processing problems encountered.
- Investigate process issues using problem-solving techniques to get at the root cause on challenging and complex issues both internally and externally.
- Initiate and execute actions that ensure departmental Safety, Quality, Productivity, Waste & Cost objectives are achieved and maintained.
- Provide technical assistance to the Department Manager, Team Managers, Reliability Technicians, Associates, and Internal Customers.
- Lead and manage Intern(s), OMT(s), and Process Technician(s) as needed.
- Understand and Support all SAFE, SMS, TPM, Lean Six Sigma & Environmental Efforts within the department. Assist in developing and implementing plans to improve these areas where performance is under goal.
- Ability to travel as required.
Bachelor's Degree (Engineering Degree preferred)
Must possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Flex into overtime, weekend, and holiday work as needed.
Minimum six-plus months in a manufacturing environment
Familiar with Tableau or similar tools such as Qlikview, PowerBI
Familiar with SCADA systems such as WinCC, Ignition
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Deliver Compelling Communication
- Demonstrate Good Judgment
This role can be filled as an Automation Engineer or Sr. Automation Engineer based on experience.
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Location: Shaw Plant 78,136 East Frontage Road, Aiken, SC 29802 USA
Location: Shaw Plant 78,136 East Frontage Road,Aiken,SC 29802 USA, Aiken, SC 29802
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 - $102,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aiken, SC 29802: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
Will you now or in the future require Shaw Industries, Group to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)?
(This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status.)
- PLC Programming: 1 year (Preferred)