Maintenance Reliability Engineer - Manufacturing
Location: Newberry, SC
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and retirement contribution, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid vacations and holidays
Job Description: Maintenance Reliability Engineer - Manufacturing
This scope is to drive continuous improvement results. This is a ‘hands-on’ shop floor focused approach to engineering, incorporating aspects of mechanical engineering, and reliability engineering.
Requirements and Qualifications: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Manufacturing
- Bachelor Degree in (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
- Continuous Improvement
- 3 - 5 years manufacturing experience (OSB, Sawmill, Wood, or Pulp and Paper industry)
- Project Management
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Manufacturing
This position is intended to spend time improving how equipment works, reducing waste and scrap, improving throughput, reducing cycle times and reducing human errors to a minimum. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for increasing production while reducing costs.
- Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventative Maintenance
- Root Cause Analysis
- Identify areas for process optimization improvement (cost savings) results.
Dryers – furnace optimization, dryer operation, and moisture control Press
– Wood/Board quality, raw material usage, and press cycle time optimization Finishing – cycle optimization and defect minimization
- Train, teach and coach operators and other personnel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newberry, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in an OSB, Sawmill, or Pulp and Paper industry? If so, what company did your experience come out of?
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance Reliability: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing in OSB, Sawmill or Pulp & Paper: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance of Mechanical Equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person