Here is your chance to work at one of the largest OEMs in the aerospace, civil and defense industry as their Controls Systems Engineer in Indianapolis, IN!!!
8:00am - 5:00pm
Hybrid, 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH
As a Controls Systems Engineer, you’ll analyze requirements, design, develop, document, and test control and monitoring systems based on off-the-shelf embedded control processor hardware and/or other hardware components, including Human-Machine Interface (HMI) software. This position supports the development and implementation of system design strategy via tradeoff analyses and equipment designs to improve system design, reliability, manufacturability, and/or reduce manufacturing and life-cycle costs and selects control system hardware and integrate with sensors and actuators using appropriate signal conditioning elements.
What you will be doing:
What we need from you:
- Prepares technical specifications and other engineering documents related to hardware and software implementation of control and monitoring systems
- Support engineering analyses, designs reviews, and plans/implements test programs to ensure the physical and functional requirements are met and verified. Assists in the evaluation and resolution of manufacturing, design, and integration issues.
- Supports Configuration Management and Change Control programs for components, subsystems and systems, including design documentation and data deliverables. Support product safety reviews.
- Supports equipment installation, commissioning, system qualification and testing in the factory, at subcontractors, and shipboard.
- Supports the development, update and maintenance of installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Supports proposals for new contracts and engineering changes.
What will help you stand out:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, with 1+ years of experience in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Marine or Mechanical Engineering OR;
- A Masters degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
ARM - Who We Are:
- Working knowledge of domain plant and platform interfaces, component technology and behavior during normal and abnormal operation, verification vehicles, electrical design, system architecture, development process constraints.
- Good time management skills able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Dynamically respond to evolving objectives and emerging opportunities while working in coordination with a multidisciplinary, energetic team of engineers and scientists
- Able to research application issues and products by being outward focused and able to seek solutions/information from outside of immediate area, including suppliers, universities, customers, related industries
- Prior experience with control system design and verification in an industrial, automotive, naval/marine, or aerospace environment
Well, this is the part where we’re supposed to tell you why we’re different. At least, that’s what every other recruiter will do - and we know you’ve heard that a thousand times before. Instead, we want to talk about how YOU are different. We know that every individual, every employer and every sector is different. As is every team, every project and every contract. It’s this basic appreciation of difference and your specific needs that informs everything we do and every relationship we build - whether you’re a client, candidate or a new member of our team. We always begin by asking ourselves how we can help you achieve your goals before we get to work.
We're a specialist technology and engineering recruitment agency and we love what we do. We've helped thousands of people find new jobs and enabled countless organizations drive their business forward, both in the US and internationally.