Growing food manufacturer is looking for a VP of Operations. This person will report directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Responsible for the oversight of the production department
· Directs manufacturing activities to ensure maximum quality is delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
· Develops, maintains, and improves metrics monitoring performance and attainment of objectives and key results.
· Collaborate with leadership to ensure reliable and timely launch and ongoing supply of products to the marketplace.
· Responsible for all aspects of the budget for the productions operations group; including capital and expense planning, resource forecasting, and cost reductions, as necessary.
· Participates in strategic planning process (including the Sales & Operations Planning process) and develops long-range plans to meet business profit and growth objectives.
· Develops, reviews, and implements strategies and actions resulting in continuous improvement in safety, product quality, product delivery, productivity, material utilization, customer service, workforce diversity, quality of work life, and lower manufacturing and production costs.
· Ensures robust security procedures and training are in place, and that operations are following compliance as required by legislation and policy.
· Supports cultural improvements and programs that are sustainable and employee engagement driven.
· Manages staff selection, performance, and development, to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
10+ years of plant management experience in the food manufacturing industry
At least 2+ years at the Director or VP level
Full P/L responsibility
Mechanical engineering degree
Experience in an SQF facility highly preferred
· Ability to drive a manufacturing organization to high levels of safety and performance, as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of systems and processes to support customers and business needs
· Demonstrated ability to develop effective internal and external relationships across functional and geographic boundaries in pursuit of business goals
· Working knowledge of factors which impact standard production cost with an eye towards continuous improvement.
· Ability to influence outcomes, utilizing effective communication skills across functions and at senior levels
· Strong business acumen / commercial focus, with the ability to translate business challenges into practical strategies
· Continuous improvement techniques with manufacturing processes and capabilities
· Excellent leadership skills, as evidenced by a track record of hiring, retaining, developing, and motivating top-tier Operations talent
· Demonstrated ability to build strong teams and track record of personal engagement and relationship with colleagues, direct reports, employees, customers, and suppliers
· Development and implementation of Operations strategy; including KPIs in a visual management system
· Understanding of Financial planning and ERP systems
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Orleans, LA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- food manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)
- at the Director or VP of Operations level: 2 years (Preferred)
- plant management: 10 years (Preferred)
- SQF: 5 years (Preferred)
- engineering degree: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location