Zachry Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer IV to support the Design Center in Downers Grove (Chicago). The Mechanical Engineers will perform engineering and design tasks within the mechanical area of assigned projects based on specific and detailed instructions as to the required tasks and results expected instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions. Mechanical Engineers will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, in execution of their work. Project sectors served include Sustainability, Petrochemical, Chemical, Power, Refining, Food and Beverage, and Ag Processing.
- Prepare specifications for pressure vessels, tanks, pumps, exchangers, and other process equipment
- Perform equipment technical bid evaluations and prepare recommendations.
- Review equipment vendor documents for compliance to project specifications and industry standards.
- Develop job notes and technical scopes of work.
- Perform field walk downs to collect information required to complete work.
- Prepare ASME pressure vessel and piping calculations.
- Attend Client, Vendor, and Internal Team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, industrial, chemical or petroleum engineering discipline from an accredited engineering program.
- 10+ years of experience working as an engineer in the Industrial Construction/Services Industry
- Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal, and Written)
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
- Strong desire to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Must maintain active status in a drug and/or alcohol testing consortium
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer positions. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48.00 - $72.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Downers Grove, IL 60515: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Downers Grove, IL 60515