Centrally located at the crossroads of Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, Hotel Angeleno is looking for customer-centric professionals to join our team. If your genuine warmth and helpful nature enable you to rise to every occasion, and solving problems is your second nature, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Front Desk/Reservations Agent, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. The ideal candidate will be a positive, upbeat professional with exceptional communication and customer service skills, and whose primary goal is to deliver total guest satisfaction.
Strong computer skills
Professional & friendly demeanor
Multilingual skills is a plus
Able to handle and resolve stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
Flexible to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends, holidays and in rare occasions overnight shifts
Must understand the value of working in a team but be able to work and think independently with minimal supervision
Previous hotel experience is a plus
- Checking guests in and out of the hotel in a efficient, courteous and professional manner
- Communicating with all departments regarding in house VIPs and any special requests/needs
- Interacting with hotel staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Promptly answering the telephone and assisting guests with any questions, directions, recommendations etc.
- Managing and resolving guest concerns
- Listening and responding to guest inquiries using a positive and helpful tone
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all Hotel Angeleno amenities as well as any special events
- Enter guest reservations into the computer system accurately
- Segmenting reservations into the appropriate category while using the hotel's selling strategy and knowledge of all rates, package plans and hotel services, in order to close out sale and upsell the hotel as appropriate.
- Support Front Office Team with reservation billing inquiries and proper account set-up
- Monthly Reconciliation of OTA/Commissions in preparation for month-end accounting closure procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of the sales promotions and Hotel/OTA reservation policy as it pertains to individual market and partners
- Monitor, sell, report closely and attempt to obtain alternate date reservations for all closed out dates
- Change and cancel reservations as guest requests. When canceling a reservation with deposit, complete an advance deposit refund requisition.
- Take reservations for suites, properly filling in necessary information following credit policy. Assist Front Office with special VIP and Amenity Requests
- Review group cover sheets to ensure accuracy and enter information into the computer system.
- Report rate resistance and all problems to Revenue Manager
- Assist Revenue Manager with Data Rate Input
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
We care about your safety and the safety of our guests. Strict Covid protocols are in place and enforced.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location