Seeking a SQL Database Developer for an opportunity in Columbia, SC.
- Development and integration of a database serving as the interface between the organization’s personnel information and a cloud-hosted enterprise asset management system.
- The database will be the gateway between the statewide ERP system and enterprise asset system.
- A secondary project will be the design and implementation of the foundation for a data warehouse.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases.
- Modify databases according to requests, follow industry standards, best practices and use common practices and techniques.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation and design diagrams; ensure database programs meet agency and performance requirements; research and provide recommendations for database design and feature implementation.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven skills as a Database Developer
- Knowledge of software development
- Hands on experience with MSSQL
- Documentation development
- In-depth understanding of data management, database design, integration, and data warehouse design
- Knowledge of industry best practice and techniques
- Ability to understand requirements and a problem-solving attitude
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience in the field.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbia, SC 29210: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Informatica: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 5 years (Required)
- Software development: 5 years (Required)
- Document management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location