At IMDEX we are forever curious – we believe in shaping the future of mining by questioning the status quo, addressing our customers challenges, and setting new benchmarks for what can be achieved in our industry.
IMDEX is a leading global Mining-Tech company that enables drilling contractors and mining resource companies to safely find, mine and define orebodies with precision and at speed.
Our rich global experience and diverse thinking drives all development within IMDEX. We are committed to solving unique problems and challenges for our customers while reducing environmental and social impacts to shape a better and more sustainable global industry. For further information visit www.imdexlimited.com
The mechanical engineering technician will support the mechanical engineering staff with product development and support activities. Duties include the fabrication, testing, and repair of prototypes designs, and the maintenance of the R&D Laboratory.
To be successful, the candidate must have the following experience below:
- Fabrication of prototype parts and assemblies
- Assist with jig / tooling development
- Assist with development of assembly procedures and training of production staff Testing (functional, temperature, pressure) of prototype product designs
- Documentation of test results
- Workstations and equipment organization and maintenance
- Laboratory housekeeping
- Calibration of R&D test equipment
Other duties will include:
- Mechanical assembly experience
- Ability to assemble designs from drawings and specifications
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Ability to interface with engineers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Why IMDEX is an Exciting Place to Work
At IMDEX we call it the ‘X Factor’. We have leading geoscience and engineering capabilities; world-class IP, product development, manufacturing facilities, precision instrumentation, an exciting pipeline of industry-changing technologies. Our global presence and client network is unparalleled. We have a fun, driven and diverse team that is encouraged to be innovative, speak-up and contribute to the ongoing success of our company.
We offer high calibre candidates:
- A working environment that values innovation and creativity
- The opportunity to work with a team of industry experts to deliver market leading technologies
- Paid parental leave
- An industry competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career progression opportunities
Our employee values reflect the sort of organisation we are and the kind of people we look for when looking for new people to join our business.
Together we thrive represents our commitment to a global and diverse team that shares knowledges across boundaries.
Forever curious demonstrates the IMDEX belief that we can shape the future of mining by questioning the status quo.
We're global game changers reflects our ability to solve unique problems for our global customers.
We go beyond is testament to our ability to create positive customer outcomes by delivering genuine value through efficient solutions.
IMDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing a workplace of respect and inclusiveness. IMDEX’s Board places great emphasis on ensuring our company is a safe, high performing and welcoming workplace.
If you are applying for a position in Australia, IMDEX requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, unless they have a general medical exemption. Please consider this requirement when submitting your application.
Agency calls and candidates will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 - $36.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Luis Obispo, CA 93401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Machining: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location