POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for designing and detailing parts, components, complete mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies, weldments, formed and fabricated components as they relate to EnTrans DOD (Department of Defense) family of products. This includes producing accurate drawings / 3D modeling in a timely fashion that facilitates effective proposal development for DOD.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support DOD programs in all phases including technical manual development, prototype testing, and field support.
- Design large-scale assembly and fabrication drawings using SolidWorks and inventor.
- Create machined, formed and fabricated component drawings.
- Design electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic schematics and systems.
- Analyze engineering drawings, specifications, and related data to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
- Confer with engineering and manufacturing personnel and prepare design modifications as required.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Travel to government testing sites to support equipment testing
- Perform hands-on equipment repair to equipment in the field
- Ability to utilize general engineering principles in equipment design
- Proficiency in 3D modeling will be required with 3D modeling.
- Strong knowledge in structural design and FEA.
- Read and interpret drawings.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High Performance teams and strong team player
- Able to work with little guidance
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, including design for manufacture ability and lean manufacturing
- Able to perform troubleshooting and maintenance and repair tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- 3D Modeling and equipment design
- FEA experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of product engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred
- Military background preferred
- The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas were certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
- Travel required for project support, mostly in an outdoor environment
- Sit or stand as needed
- Walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to reach documents or store materials throughout the workday.
- Proper lifting techniques required.
SAFETY AND POLICY PRACTICES:
The employee in this job must be knowledgeable in regard to the safety policies and procedures of the Company as described in the Company safety manual. The employee must adhere to all said policies and procedures while supporting the goals and objectives of the organization and recognize the Company’s need to achieve its business objectives. Employee is responsible for complying with company hazardous waste disposal procedures
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location