Solidworks / AutoCAD Mechanical Designer
Our company is seeking to hire a mechanical design engineer for the purposes of machine design and integration.
The mechanical designer will have knowledge of industrial, process, manufacturing, and field instrumentation. Experience in industrial machine design, and extrusion frame design a plus.
- Proficiency with Solidworks and AutoCAD and other mechanical design software
- Creative thinking and innovation
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge and experience with fluid power systems and controls preferred
- Machine design experience of integrated systems preferred
- Create designs that satisfy contract specifications and all applicable design standards while meeting material budget constraints.
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs.
- Evaluate engineering drawings, and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes, and products.
- Provide technical direction to Machine Builders and Technicians as needed.
- Consult regularly with engineering and project managers to report status, raise issues, take direction, and assist where able.
- Participate in regular project status updates with project team and customers.
- Present designs during internal and customer project reviews.
- Execute agreed upon project goals, milestones, and objectives in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical equivalent
- Three to seven plus years’ experience in solid modeling (Solidworks preferred) with machine design experience.
- Ability to independently complete all specific responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Equivalent relevant experience will be considered
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
We are a drug free work place, and perform random drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location