Cambridge Valley Machining, Inc.
JOB CODE: 2MACH
JOB TITLE: CNC Machinist
JOB PURPOSE: Manufactures product by operating fabricating equipment
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Machine parts and fixtures to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts.
- Design and build fixtures to meet machining specifications.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Position and fasten work pieces.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Advise schedulers, planners, and sales engineers about the materials and processes used for finished products.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products, using a variety of metalworking machines.
- Evaluate procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Prepare working sketches for the illustration of product appearance.
- Supports 5S by cleaning machines, tooling, parts and all associated work areas, using solvents or solutions and rags.
- Documents actions by completing production logs, quality logs and accurate time cards.
- Performs all duties of Machine Operator II as part of the manufacturing process.
- Other duties may be assigned
Stop the job - Authorizes "stop the job" if product does not meet specs or machine is not running in a normal manner (i.e. loud noise, unknown alarm, oil leak, or safety issue.)
Has authority to reject parts.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 2 years experience
Hands on and self-directed.
Able to function in an environment requiring day-to-day involvement in details, changes, etc.
Strong math skills, able to read blueprints, drawings and engineering information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong commitment to detail and organizational skills.
Knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing
Must be a citizen of or person admitted lawfully for permanent residence into the United States.
This is a DOD requirement for receiving technical information and distributing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location