Direct - Hire - Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Supports Manufacturing in evaluating, developing, planning, coordinating, directing, and improving manufacturing processes. Facilitates manufacturing process development/improvement with Engineering, Production Control, Contracts, Maintenance, Estimating, Sales, Accounting, Purchasing, and other key departments, with emphasis on tooling and equipment upgrades and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and performs complex manufacturing engineering assignments on a variety of production lines to manufacture Company products.
- Participates in quotation proposals by developing manufacturing concepts in
- conjunction with interested Company members to establish efficient manufacture of
- products, in accordance with prescribed engineering, quality and customer requirements.
- Participates in product and process development and design reviews; approves all engineering drawings and provides for smooth transfer into production.
- Coordinates and advises on establishing ad/or application of methods, material and equipment.
- Provides technical and direct assistance to supervisors on day-to-day operations, making them aware of manufacturing plans and assisting them in achieving optimum results.
- Cooperates with tool engineering on planning, design, construction or procurement, proofing and release of tooling.
- Expedites, controls and monitors projects throughout all production phases.
- Conducts failure analysis in conjunction with cognizant Company personnel.
- Acts as a liaison between supervisors and members of other affected departments.
- Provides proper communications; obtains views and approvals of interested personnel; assures resolution of problems and taking corrective action to assure smooth production.
- Reviews and approves engineering drawings and documentation prior to release to manufacturing to insure conformance to manufacturing concepts and established practices.
- Investigates and approves design and process change requests. Participates in review and dispositioning of non-conforming materials.
- Conducts cost analysis for cost control of designated lines of Company products and conducts other special investigations and floor follow up as required.
- Recommends vendors and coordinates on vendor problems related to processing of designated line items.
- Furnishes operational guidance to Manufacturing Engineering and Technicians when assigned.
- Conducts and participates in Lean Manufacturing activities, including 6S and Kaizen events.
- This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires related four (4) year college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Three (3) to Six (6) years Manufacturing Engineering experience in aerospace manufacturing or related industry.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in interpreting complex engineering, tool and equipment drawings.
- Proficient math and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of metallurgical properties of metals used in aerospace.
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing processes, e.g., assembly, welding, machining, forming, cleaning and inspection including NDT.
- Experience working with aerospace materials, e.g., stainless, nickel, titanium, aluminum, tool steels
- Solid project management skills.
- Experience planning/managing capital expenditures.
- Computer/software proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift up to 35 lbs.
- Push and pull 35 lbs.
- Bend Occasionally
- Sit, Stand, and Walk Frequently
- Frequent Use of Computer Monitor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Alamitos, CA 90720: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person