Emmons & Olivier Resources, Inc. (EOR) is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our energy team in our Madison or St. Paul office. EOR is an engineering and environmental consulting firm that specializes in: WATER (watersheds + water resources), ECOLOGY (ecosystems + natural resources) and COMMUNITY (civil engineering, landscape architecture + planning). We have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is eager to be a leader in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an individual with enthusiasm for their work, passion for renewable energy, and a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. This role will collaborate to support projects that include solar, wind, utility, utility transmission and emerging energy projects. If you are a licensed engineer with 5+ years of design experience looking for that next step in your career as a project manager and strong technical lead, this may be the position for you.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study
· 5+ years of experience within the A&E industry
· PE license or ability to obtain within 6-months of hire
· Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with colleagues and clients, strong oral and written communication skills
· Proficient with AutoCAD and Civil 3D
· Detail-oriented and efficient in problem-solving
· Drive and interest in energy development and design
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Experience managing design staff
· Experience in related local and state permitting
· Business development acumen in the energy and/or renewables industries
· Expertise in construction plan set production
· MicroStation exposure
· Knowledge of PVCase, or other utility-scale PV software is a plus
As you consider applying for a position at EOR, we encourage you to think outside the box! You might not meet 100% of the skills listed in the description, but we are committed to hiring motivated people with exceptional talent. EOR fosters an environment where candidates can become the best versions of themselves. We don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with the next outstanding EOR team member, so please apply if you think this role is a great match for your unique skills and strengths. We encourage communities of color and other marginalized communities to apply!
Based out of our Madison, WI or St. Paul MN offices, with work from home flexibility.
Full Time or Part Time Option
EOR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. EOR is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applications and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Madison, WI 53703