Portrait Displays Inc. (PDI) is a multinational high-tech company that has been supplying software to major OEM’s for more than 25 years. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area (Pleasanton) with branch offices in Seattle, WA and Taiwan, PDI also has presence across Europe, China, Japan, and Korea. PDI offers competitive salary, bonuses, 401(k), a full array of comprehensive benefits including over a dozen options of medical, dental, vision, group life insurances and more. At PDI, you will not only have the great opportunity to work at a growing and successful company with real industry influence, but also experience the trendiest hybrid work model with flexible time-off. We highly value creativity, adaptability, and work/life balance. You will find hard work truly pays off!
As a member of the core technologies team, you will be responsible for creating, extending, and maintaining foundational libraries and that are used in all of Portrait's applications. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing software tools and libraries that will be integrated into desktop, mobile, and embedded applications; as well as creating tests to ensure they perform correctly. These applications are core to Portrait’s business and bring value to our customers and OEM partners. The ideal candidate is proficient with a variety of platforms, programming languages, tools, and build systems, and has experience working in an agile software development environment. Because we are a rapidly growing company, you can assume a high level of responsibility quickly and continue to grow professionally as the company grows.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
· Experience with platform independent designs and implementations
· Experience with system programming on Windows, macOS, Linux, and mobile platforms.
· Fluent in C/C++
· Comfortable with platform specific languages such as C# and Objective-C/C++.
· Experience with Visual Studio, Xcode, and cmake.
· Experience with communications protocols such as USB, RS-232, I2C.
· Experience with networking protocols such as HTTP, REST, and WebSockets.
· Experience with test driven development practices.
· Strong git skills including GitLab CI/CD.
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Experience with consumer and professional video – HDMI, SDI, DisplayPort
· Background in math and physics
· Passionate about video and color quality
· Experience with display color calibration
Portrait Displays provides color display solutions that combine the latest in color science with advanced display control. Portrait Displays ensures that color presents beautifully on screens of all sizes – for global device manufacturers, content creators, and content distributors. Only Portrait Displays upholds color quality every step of the way, from the creation of the first frame to its appearance on the screen of any device.
Portrait Displays’ Calman color calibration software is the most popular calibration solution utilized by Hollywood’s most respected color professionals. Calman color calibration solutions meet the requirements to deliver a superior viewing experience that is just right. With decades of experience in color science and display technology, Portrait Displays is taking the lead in inventing a more colorful digital future.
This position is open to candidates in Pleasanton, CA; Lynwood, WA; or Sioux Falls, SD locations.
PDI is an equal opportunity employer who pledges not to discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- C/C++: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person