Cooling Tower Depot, Inc., is the proven leader in the design, engineering, manufacture and construction of field-erected mechanical draft cooling towers in North America. We have decades of experience performing engineering and construction services in industrial settings in virtually every corner of North America. By leveraging our experience we provide our industrial clients with innovative turnkey solutions while keeping costs and performance a priority. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our engineering team in our corporate headquarters in Golden, Colorado. The position summary and responsibilities include:
· The position entails structural analysis of large field-erected wood and fiberglass cooling tower structures in various locations throughout the United States and Canada. The successful candidate will be well versed in design and building codes as well as structural design software pertaining to wind, seismic and vertical loading requirements typical to large industrial structures. Materials consist primarily of pultruded FRP, wood structure, steel mechanical supports and concrete basins. Ensuring the safe and successful design and construction of these structures is job number one.
· Structural Analysis of all cooling tower design and construction plans.
· Familiarity with North America codes for structural design.
· Manage multiple projects in ground up construction and reconstruction projects.
· Work with sales teams to analyze and review new projects.
· Trouble shoot structural issues on existing projects.
· Review contracts, correspondence and proposals for scope conformance.
· Resolve issues from customers, field construction, and/or engineering.
· Manage project resources, personnel, deliverables, develop payment schedules, and complete all required correspondence between the customer and the company.
· Develop, monitor and manage project work plans, schedules and budgets.
· Coordinate with estimating, construction, project management and safety teams during project lifecycle.
· Degree in Engineering with 5 years of experience in structural analysis.
· Experience with power plant and petrochemical plants (retrofits and new construction) preferred.
· Cooling Tower experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, P6 and RISA.
· Highly competitive pay
· Generous PTO/holiday schedule
· Comprehensive health and dental plans
· Vision plan
· Short term disability and life insurance
· Casual work environment
Salaried position starting at $150K - $250K depending on level of experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $195,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Golden, CO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Structural Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- power & petrochemical plant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location