This position is for an Engineer or Architect with previous building enclosure experience who is responsible for leading and supporting Facilities projects to support our Hampton Roads area.
Provide consulting services for all major components and systems of buildings related to the building enclosure similar facility infrastructure for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include:
- Performing and or leading field investigations,
- Architectural/engineering analysis and recommendations,
- Design and development of plans and specifications,
- Reviewing drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Research and resolve design and construction problems.
- Writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided,
- Apply sound architectural/engineering principles and be able to communicate complex issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and implement needed changes.
Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the commercial, retail, multi-family, hotel, senior living, industrial and or governmental sectors. Clients include institutional, government, municipal, healthcare, retail, architects, general contractors and others. Projects range from condition assessments to detailed evaluations of building enclosure systems including components and cladding, roofs, facades, plaza deck and below grade waterproofing systems, Assessment techniques include, visual examination, non-destructive testing, laboratory testing, and destructive examinations.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and formal presentations of qualifications to clients on various projects in area of expertise.
- Senior level professional who acts as a resource and specialist for building enclosure projects including building enclosure consulting, BECx (commissioning) and building enclosure testing.
- Manages, leads and/or consults on large, complex or unique projects.
- Leads building enclosure group and assists in building local team related to building enclosure work.
- Capable of analyzing all technical aspects of subject area, defining scope and selecting problems for investigation, developing novel concepts and approaches, and recommending solutions.
- Identifies potential clients in need of consulting expertise and sells the services of the company to those clients. Identifies building enclosure opportunities in the regional area and works with local and other staff to develop proposals and statements of qualifications.
- Provides leadership, technical direction/expertise, and training to all staff under direction while performing on client projects.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Plans and participates in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or similar
- 7+ years’ experience in Building Enclosure services.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineer (PE), Registered Architect (RA), Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), or relevant certification
- Ability to obtain RA or PE
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person