· Heath Consultants is seeking Utility Locators to work in Spartanburg, SC and surrounding areas marking underground utility lines.
· Starting wage $20 per hour with a $1 increase at 6 months based on performance.
· Experienced locators can start at a higher rate based on previous experience. Previous experience desirable.
· Great training program and company vehicle (take home) provided along with a cell phone and laptop.
· Excellent opportunities to advance with a family owned company in business for 87 years.
- Safety is our number one priority
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Approach all that we do with a sense of urgency
- Always do the right thing
- Treat others as you wish to be treated
- Strive for excellence in everything we do
- Provide an environment that nurtures growth and enjoyment
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Utility industry experience preferred but not required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy (all documentation is computer based).
- This job requires traveling to service locations, it is required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Meets Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) requirements.
- Aptitude for basic math skills to calculate distances and ability to read utility prints and maps.
- Within the first month achieve a Six Sigma Lean certificate of achievement.
- The job is primarily outdoors but may involve entering residential and commercial properties. This work is performed under all weather conditions. They may regularly be exposed to heat, cold, rain and other elements of outdoor weather.
- Working in residential, urban, suburban, and rural areas as designated by client.
- Heath Consultants is a drug free work environment, employment is contingent on passing background check and a pre-employment/random drug test.
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on varying types of terrain, to bend and stoop, and to lift heavy items is essential.
- The utility locator may also have to perform physical activities such as using a shovel to unearth utilities.
- Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
The Field Technician, Locator’s purpose is to provide a safe, quality service in support of state and federal damage prevention programs, on behalf of our clients for the excavating community.
- Follow all company, client, state, and federal damage prevention program guidelines.
- Follow all company safety, quality, and operational policies and procedures.
- Complete the Heath Consultants training and applicable operator qualification program requirements.
- Represents the company in a professional manner.
- Using locating equipment to determine location of utilities, mark area with paint and/or flags to prevent damage to utility infrastructure.
- Fulfilling the entire scope of the locate requests (tickets) per damage prevention guidelines.
- Adhere to the vehicle policy.
- Reading utility prints and maps.
- Communicating professionally when interacting with homeowners, contractors, and utility representatives.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the underground facilities infrastructure.
- Meet overtime and travel requirements.
- Participation in rotational after hours on-call will be required.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift