JOB TITLE: Optical Image Engineer
LOCATION: Redmond, WA
DURATION: 1 Year
Our client, a fortune 500 multi-national technology company is recruiting for an Optical Image Engineer
. If you meet the qualifications listed, please Apply Now! Or if you know of anyone in your network, please refer them to Ursus!
The candidate will be working closely with a team of optical, mechanical, electrical and software engineers to develop and test Client imaging technologies. The candidate will also manage the user studies with the developed imaging technologies and perform image and data analysis
- Prototyping and testing Client optical systems in an optical lab with small volumes.
- Organize, train and collaborate with internal and external partners to conduct the human imaging studies and perform data collection
- Develop data and image processing algorithms to analyze the imaging results
- Summarize and present the key findings from the imaging studies
- Debug and trouble-shooting issues with developed imaging technologies
- Some background in optical systems and characterization methods
- Combination of education and experience in the research, development, and integration of optical systems or components including, but not limited to, imaging and display systems.
- Hands on experience in an optical lab setting.
- Knowledge in basic optical system including imaging system, image quality, image quality validation.
- Knowledge in signal and image processing
- Experience in one or more system optimization and data/image analysis tools, MATLAB and Python preferred.
Top 3 must-have HARD skills:
- Experience in managing hardware development or rapid prototyping projects.
- Experience in managing user studies, especially human imaging studies
- Basic knowledge of ray tracing software such as Zemax/Code V
- Basic knowledge of computer vision
- Knowledge and experience with interferometry
- Knowledge and experience with visual/ophthalmic optics
Good to have skills:
- Basic knowledge in optics and optical imaging system
- Basic knowledge in signal and image processing
- MATLAB or Python
- Knowledge in optical imaging system development, especially interferometry-based system development
- Knowledge in computer vision
- Knowledge in visual Optics
- MS in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field
Comments for Suppliers: RSD attached, please view for more details
Please submit local candidates only