GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Network Systems Engineer in the Harrisburg, PA area.
To perform advanced professional and technical responsibilities in the planning, design, implementation, maintenance and administration of the network and server infrastructure. Responsible for developing network and security standards, governing technology and security operating procedures; as well as investigating innovative technology to support the changing district goals and operational requirements.
- Lead and participate in the design, implementation, of the Wired, Wireless, and Datacenter network infrastructure.
Maintain, monitor, and troubleshot the Wired, Wireless, and Datacenter network.
Lead and participate in the design, implementation, and administration of t web-facing hosted environment.
- Lead and participate in the design, management and maintenance of all hardware and software as it relates to the Storage Area Network (SAN).
Participate in the implementation, configuration, upgrading, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the regional Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Apply NIST and CIS control standards protecting and securing in-place infrastructure from internal and external threats utilizing enterprise security products from multiple vendors.
- Administer and maintain a large virtualized hosted environment.
- Monitor and prevent SPAM and Phishing through different anti threat protection solutions.
- Participate in the implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of telecommunications technologies.
Provide advanced technical support for the network operating systems and applications, troubleshoot and resolve network and/or server outages, performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Maintain efficient communication between Technology Team members on all computer network related issues regarding LAN and WAN operations.
- Assist cross-functional teams with implementation of server hardware, operating system, network application, and anti-virus solutions.
- Configure, Deploy, and Administer new and emerging technologies.
- Provide Level 3 support and consulting as needed.
- Maintain and update network infrastructure diagrams and all other pertinent documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed on the network.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending relevant conferences, trainings, webinars and reviewing publications.
Provide training as needed.
- Participate in meetings as required; offer insight and direction regarding the use of technology as it relates to the goals.
Assume any other responsibilities as assigned by the Technology Infrastructure Supervisor or his/her designee.
Assume any other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director or his/her designee.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s preferred.
Networking certification preferred.
Minimum of five Years of Experience in a technology related field required.
Professional-level IT related certification, preferred.
Experience with Windows server environments, required.
Experience with Linux server environments, preferred.
VMWare management experience, required.
Storage Area Network Management experience, preferred.
Route/Switch experience preferred (Cisco and Aruba preferred).
- Enterprise wireless network experience preferred (Cisco, Aruba, and Meraki preferred).
- Firewalling experience preferred (Fortinet and Cisco firewalls preferred).
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 cloud services experience preferred.
- Microsoft Azure experience preferred.
Enterprise VOIP experience preferred (Cisco and Fortinet preferred).
Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills, required.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, required.
Excellent multitasking and self-management skills, required.
What We Do:
What We Do:
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application development, multilingual service desk, networking and infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.
Why Work for GDC?
Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
Career Growth Opportunities
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Visit our Career Center for the latest employment opportunities.
© Global Data Consultants, PA USA