Sain Engineering Associates, Inc. (SEA) is a U.S. Small Business Administration certified small business with over twenty years of energy management experience. We are a consulting engineering firm specializing in facility energy efficiency with clientele worldwide. We offer a wide array of services to help our clients conserve energy, reduce costs and manage their resources. Our services include: Resource Efficiency Management (REM), Metering Services, Energy Audit Services, Energy Planning and Strategy, Risk Management, Use of Alternative and Renewable Energy Sources and other services. Our expertise has enabled SEA to capitalize on the shift to energy resource management awareness. We are a small business located here in Birmingham, but our REM program has allowed us to place Resource Efficiency Managers at over 30 U.S. Department of Defense locations around the continental U.S. and Europe.
- Focus areas will be: energy / water / resource efficiency project feasibility analysis, measurement & verification of savings, alternative financing project facilitation, supply-side cost reduction, energy awareness promotion, O&M efficiency enhancement, and new technology utilization, especially involving renewable energy sources.
- Support services shall include the promotion, education, and adoption of energy and water resources conservation and management activity assistance necessary to optimize the use of installation utility resources, including but not limited to natural gas, coal, electricity, water, and wastewater.
- Fulfill the energy goals by supporting facility repair and construction activities, including providing Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials for the Resource Efficiency Manager.
- Provide services to identify opportunities and provide workable solutions to reduce utility costs, consumption, and demand.
- Provide comprehensive demand-side management energy reduction services to support the mission and the ongoing energy program.
- Partner with the Installation energy manager and/or Contracting Officer's Representative.
- Use information management systems, spreadsheets, advanced meter data, utility billing databases, and expertise to identify and help correct anomalies in facility energy and water use.
- Provide an economic analysis, as needed, to help justify funding to address complex problems.
- Use the Energy Management Control System (EMCS) and other information management systems to identify apparent energy anomalies in the installation facilities.
- Work with energy managers and shop personnel to field check and diagnose problems.
- Work with DPW to update supply databases for equipment purchased under the Energy Star label and/or Federal Energy Management Program.
- Provide assistance in energy reporting and planning, to include input to the Army Energy and Water Reporting System, the annual energy Report, the long-range energy plan, and energy security plans.
- Assist in the development of an effective network of facility managers and building energy monitors.
- Provide written recommendations on ways to operate more efficiently.
- Support services shall include design review, commissioning, operations and maintenance, and LEED review.
- Develop re-commissioning/retro-commissioning plans for building heating, ventilation, and cooling systems.
- Develop and sustain an effective energy awareness, incentive, and suggestion program.
- Support utility demand reduction.
- Conduct energy audits.
- Provide renewable energy support.
- Identify, implement, and support energy projects.
Experience and Skills:
- Well-developed verbal and technical report writing skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate creativity as well as problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a self-starter and client-oriented.
- Knowledge on use of GPS technology and able to read maps.
- Strong Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of project programming, funding, and implementation at Department of Defense installations.
- Experience using the suite of Energy Star Portfolio Manager Tools.
- Experience supporting the development and implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy project using alternative financing mechanisms, including ESPC, UESC, ERCIP, FRR and QUTM.
- Bachelor’s BS in engineering or energy-related field is required, but military or civilian experience working at Military bases or other Federal installations, or experience in energy-related field may be acceptable.
- 3+ years’ experience in energy management.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation is required
- U.S. citizenship is required, and you must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance, in order to be granted a Common Access Card and access to government IT systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sparta, WI 54656: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: In person