We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Catalysts division is the world’s leading supplier of environmental and process catalysts. The group employs more than 5,000, with over 30 manufacturing sites worldwide. We develop and produce mobile emissions catalysts as well as process catalysts and technologies for a broad range of customers worldwide. The Catalysts division also provides precious metals procurement, sales and related services. We continue to expand our leading role in catalyst technology through continuous process and product innovation.
BASF’s Elyria, Ohio Catalyst site is seeking a Process Engineer to provide technical support for the site’s manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for technical troubleshooting and solutions, driving process safety improvements, supporting capital projects, and leading new product trials. You will be a self-starter with excellent collaboration and leadership skills.
As a Process Engineer, you create chemistry by…
- Managing process optimization, troubleshooting, data analysis, and technical support to the operations organization.
- Acting as a manufacturing representative on capital projects and executing commissioning and startup of capital projects.
- Executing site Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) and working closely with the EH&S Specialists to ensure site compliance to BASF and other regulatory requirements. Additionally, you will support the BASF Process Safety Program through ownership/upkeep of process safety information.
- Utilizing technical troubleshooting techniques to improve processes and product quality and provide technical support to the Operations team in the resolution of plant problems.
- Providing leadership on project teams, you will lead new product scale up activities including recipe development, trial oversight, and commercialization activities.
- Identifying and leading continuous improvement projects to reduce waste and minimize variation in support of site goals.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Your formula for success…
You @ BASF
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering combined with your engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience identifying and implementing process modifications to improve efficiency/reliability.
- Previous experience in facilitation and coordination of root cause failure analysis.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
At BASF you get more than just compensation, Medical & Dental. Our total offer includes a wide range of elements you need to be your best in every stage of your life. That’s what we call [email protected]
Our Periodic Table of Benefits includes some additional perks below for starters…
What are you waiting for? Click Apply now to [email protected]!!
- Flexible Work Arrangements whenever possible
- Retirement Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity Leave, Infertility & Adoption reimbursement
- Mentoring & Development Programs
- Employee Discounts
- Pet insurance
- Matching Donations to your favorite cause
- Access to our BASF Wine Cellar
BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. Will we never request personal or financial information of any kind via e-mail, private text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a remote position and send a candidate a check for equipment or request any type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact myhrATbasf.com to report fraud.
BASF is committed to pay transparency practices. The competitive Pay Range for this role is $74,200 - $92,700. Actual pay will be determined based on education, certifications, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.