$27.09 - $43.35 Hourly
$56,357 - $90,171 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 75
Purpose of Position
Interviews are anticipated to take place within two weeks of closing.
This position serves Region 2, which includes Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Rio Arriba and Taos Counties. The employee in this position is required to reside in one of these counties and performs the associated duties and responsibilities within the region from a remote office. The position reports directly to EDD's main offices in Santa Fe.
Why does the job exist?
This position will serve as Economic Development Representative for Region 2, serving a four-County region including Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Santa Fe, and Taos Counties. The position will serve as a field representative and will build capacity and partnerships with local an regional economic developers to grow jobs, businesses and economically healthy and sustainable communities.
How does it get done?
1. Facilitate local business growth in local communities by leveraging various funding sources.
2. Provide technical assistance to local businesses and stakeholders.
3. Assist in the implementation of plans to support business expansion, retention and start-up projects.
4. Collaborate with community stakeholders to respond to growth.
5. Provide financial, incentive and legislative analyses as they pertain to local economies.
6. Serve as liaison between community stakeholders and state and federal agencies.
Who are the customers?
1. Economic Development Department Staff
2. State of New Mexico and local governments
3. Local organizations and companies
4. Citizens of New Mexico
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in the following:
1. Customer service with strong verbal and written communication.
2. Navigating resources to include multiple funding sources that may include local, state, and federal grants, financing and access to capital tor businesses.
3. Goal and detail oriented, ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
4. Community and business development outreach through BRE, networking with local, state and federal stakeholders, business, professional or economic development organizations.
5. Experience working with municipal and county governments and familiarity with public processes.
6. Public speaking and presentations.
7. Ideal candidate resides in Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Taos.
A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Economic Development, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Historic Preservation, Communications/Journalism, Community Development, Urban Design, or Urban and Regional Planning from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of experience in economic or community development programs. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below. Economic Development Certification (CED), National Development Council (NDC), or Economic Development Institute (EDI) Certification is preferred.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
Education Experience Education Experience
1 High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 6 years of experience OR High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 6 years of experience
2 Associate's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 4 years of experience Associate's degree or higher in any field AND 6 years of experience
3 Bachelor's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 2 years of experience
4 Master's degree or higher in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 0 years of experience
- Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
- If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Employee must maintain a valid Drivers License.
Employee must obtain and maintain a Defensive Driving Certificate.
Executive Order 2021-066 requires all employees with the State of New Mexico to provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including proof of a booster dose of vaccine by January 17, 2022, or within four weeks of becoming eligible for a booster dose) or proof of a COVID-19 viral test every week.
The Public Health Order (on Vaccination) dated December 2, 2021, requires Congregate Care Facility Workers and Hospital Workers to have received a primary series of vaccination by October 6, 2021, and a booster dose of vaccine by January 17, 2022, or within four weeks of becoming eligible for a booster.
Links to the referenced Executive Order and Public Health Order can be found on the State Personnel Office website homepage: www.spo.state.nm.us
Extensive in-field travel working with local/regional economic developers. Ability to manage and report work through appropriate software programs of the division or department. Work is usually performed in a home/ office setting with extensive exposure to visual/video display terminal (VDT), personal computer and telephone usage. Sitting for long periods, bending, stooping to file and occasionally lifting a minimum of 25 pounds. This job will require telework from home, unless the employee is able to identify the use of appropriate office space free of charge in his/her Region. Tools necessary to work from home will be provided by the Department, including computer equipment, printer/scanner, cell phone and office furniture. Must complete a defensive driving training course and obtain a defensive driving certificate within 30 days of employment. Occasionally work extra hours, on weekends and holidays.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here
Agency Contact Information Kiki Arellano 505-827-0246:
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.