You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Cloud Operations Governance Engineer is responsible for the process of defining, implementing, and monitoring a framework of policies and procedures that guides the Enterprise Cloud Operations organization. This role will undertake projects and tasks as part of the Enterprise Cloud Operations team that provides IaaS, PaaS, and cloud native service support for various lines of business.
The position requires an understanding of a wide variety of AWS services and how these services interoperate within The Hartford’s enterprise technology infrastructure, as well as a comprehensive understanding of cloud governance strategies. Strategies behind these cloud governance areas include (but not limited to): development of cloud operations policies, procedures, and standards; vulnerability management and minimize security risks; improve business continuity and availability; optimize resource capacity, performance, and cost. Other IT Infrastructure experience required for this position includes developing and supporting ITSM operational procedures, and strong presentation skills on Infrastructure strategies.
- Hands-on technical role to undertake projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- A minimum of five plus years of IT Infrastructure experience required, including experience with ITSM, managing risk/vulnerabilities, and developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Strong track record of service delivery using ITIL processes.
- Lead the development, creation, and maintenance efforts of policy and procedure standards to set minimum and repeatable standards across the following (but not limited to) cloud platforms and areas: all aspects of ITSM, Provisioning/Decommissioning, Backup management, Storage management, Vulnerability management, IaaS Disaster Recovery, Security Group management, Tag management, Container management, Persona management, etc.
- Develop and maintain all Enterprise Cloud Operations standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Additional skills in the following areas: ServiceNow, Agile methodologies, Rally, Visio, and MS Office Suite.
- Detail-oriented and problem solver.
- Self-starter/self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision; flexible; “do-whatever-it-takes” solution-oriented approach.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Determined to deliver outcomes and able to overcome obstacles to resolve service management incidents.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as proficiency in creating technical documentation.
- Insurance or financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$130,480 - $195,720
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits
Sr Cloud Engineer - IE07NE