Marine Solutions is a civil engineering and commercial diving firm breaking barriers across the US. We focus on our niche of building and maintaining waterfront, bridge, water resource, and navigation structures. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Nicholasville, KY. We have expanded into Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. Our culture is focused on integrity; teamwork; dependability; and going above and beyond in all that we do. Marine Solutions is the place for you to grow your career, be challenged and make a difference in an organization that grows with you.
Marine Solutions has exciting opportunities for structural engineers! We are seeking structural engineers to grow our bridge and marine engineering practices. This position performs a variety of structural engineering duties including inspection, assessment, analysis, design, and technical document preparation. Projects will range from small repair projects to new facility designs and site developments for bridges, waterfront, and water resource structures. Experience conducting structural engineering work in compliance with applicable engineering codes and standards is required along with an interest in bridges or marine structures.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform structural engineering work for projects of varying size and complexity from inception to completion.
- Perform inspection, assessment, and evaluation of structures in compliance with applicable structural engineering codes and standards.
- Perform structural engineering computations using current structural engineering methods, analysis and design software, codes, and standards.
- Prepare comprehensive structural engineering documents including technical reports, studies, plans, and specifications.
- Perform construction oversight and field documentation.
- Communicate and coordinate structural engineering work with other engineering disciplines, project participants, and stakeholders.
- Actively participate in project meetings and work to actively resolve project issues.
- Actively promote a safe work culture and uphold company safety standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering
- Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Engineer-In-Training certification
- Citizen of the United States
- Valid US Driver's License
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Licensed Structural Engineer
- FHWA-NHI #130055 – Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- FHWA-NHI #130078 – Fracture Critical Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges
- FHWA-NHI #130087 – Ancillary Highway Structures
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Valid US Passport
- Technical knowledge, experience, and capabilities in structural engineering.
- Working knowledge of current structural codes and standards produced by AISC, ACI, AWS, IBC, AASHTO, AREMA, and ASCE.
- Proficiency in computer assisted structural engineering and design software such as MathCAD, EnerCalc, Ensoft applications, SAP2000, or STAAD.
- Design and develop construction documents using engineering and CADD software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Communication skills (verbal and written) in the English language.
- Ability to define problems, collect/interpret data, evaluate facts, draw valid conclusions, and effectively communicate findings and results.
- Good organizational skills.
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn and problem-solving attitude.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, WORK ENVIRONMENT & SAFETY
The duties of this position require the employee to regularly sit; stand; walk; use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. This position may require the employee to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While in the field, the employee may be required to walk in rugged conditions, work in adverse weather conditions, and stand up to eight hours or more at a time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required duties of this position.
This position requires maintaining current industry knowledge and expertise through active involvement in professional organizations and/or other activities that may require additional and/or flexible working hours. The ability and availability to readily work overtime and perform duties outside of normal working hours may be required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. Travel inside and outside of the continental U.S. may be required.
Employee safety and security are critical parts of our company core values. Accountability, positive attitude, proactive communication, continuous improvement, and teamwork promote safe conditions and safe actions. Safety, Health, and the Environment are part of our company culture, and adherence and participation are required for all employees.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Marine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Nearest Major Market: Lexington
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person