Senior Embedded Software Developer; Full Time- Salary
Due to growth in our marine, industrial and automotive business resulting in expansion of our display product lines, Medallion is searching for a Senior Embedded Software Developer to join our results-oriented team.
The ideal candidate has extensive real-time embedded software development experience and have demonstrated success in leading software-intensive products to successful launches. Automotive development experience is a plus, as is embedded Linux experience. Ability to work at the hardware driver level up through the HMI layer in the architecture is required.
We are fast paced; our software development lifecycles range from 3 months to 2 years and our project teams range in size from one to four developers. You will have a direct and immediate positive impact on project success.
Our display product lines are responsible for system command and control, instrumentation and infotainment. Development on these product lines involves HMI integration, CAN-based vehicle I/O, application logic and control and occasionally writing and/or debugging kernel-level drivers. We design and assemble our own hardware in-house and you will necessarily achieve deep knowledge of the hardware as it relates to software. Most of our development is done in C and C++. Our touch screen-based instrumentation, control and infotainment products are deployed in a wide array of vehicles including boats, RV’s, trucks, motorcycles and a variety of off-road vehicles including all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles.
Come join our team in West Michigan and have your career take a turn towards the fun as we produce industry-leading display products.
Responsibilities of the Senior Embedded Software Developer role:
- Guided by the software architecture and system design, develop, test and debug embedded system software
- Provide input to, and manage development activities based on the feature roll-out plan (FROP)
- Collaborate with team members for two-way knowledge transfer
- Read and understand electrical schematics
- Read and critique software source code in C and C++
- Support manufacturing activities
- Package software releases for internal and field deployment
- Support in-vehicle update using special equipment, customer accessible USB updates and Over-The-Air (OTA) updates for connected products
- Analyze static and dynamic aspects of the system software
- Mentor junior software developers
- Design and develop test equipment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We monitor and comply with Federal, State and Local guidelines to ensure the health and safety of employees and visitors in our workplace.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Spring Lake, MI 49456: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your expected rate of pay?
- Embedded software: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location