Charter Steel has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in Cleveland, OH!
This role will improve the reliability of equipment related to automation, controls, and electrical systems. The Electrical Engineer will analyze performance, reliability, and maintenance data to eliminate unplanned outages and reduce the equipment life cycle costs. This role will proactively develop a plan and schedule for major outages and upgrades and support all shifts with technical expertise, industry standards, and training to enable them to maintain, repair, and improve the plant equipment.
The Electrical Engineer will provide troubleshooting support on major problems and facilitate plans to address repetitive and ongoing equipment issues and actively identify opportunities for improvement to achieve specific goals and objectives. This role will simultaneously manage multiple projects and continually drive the team to look for ways to implement process improvements and apply a hands-on approach in identifying problems that may be improved or solved using automation, hardware design, or data collection techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five plus years’ related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in control system design.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems and control equipment.
- Demonstrated skills in leading and participating in cross functional teams.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Power Distribution and Power Electronics.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems, drives, codes, and controls.
- Understanding of NEC and NFPA-70E.
- High level PLC programming experience.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the advanced features of Microsoft Office products.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related degree.
- Related-industry experience.
- Experience in a Lean manufacturing or a Continuous Improvement oriented environment.
- Leadership and training skills.
- Knowledge of AC/DC drives.
- Siemens AC/DC drive and Simatic-S7 experience.
- Basic knowledge and aptitude on hydraulic, pneumatic, combustion, machining and mechanical systems.
- Experience with major capital projects.
- Ability to design, interpret and draw electrical schematic (AutoCAD and/or Solid Works).
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving electrical-related automation problems.
- Develop project estimates and financial proposals.
- Evaluate automation and control system needs. Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs. Oversee or perform upgrades to existing systems and implementation of new systems.
- Maintain and improve ongoing ARC flash program.
- Ensure repairs and redesigns meet code and operate to specification.
- Communicate regularly with all interested parties, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning electrical/automation issues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide trouble shooting support to all departments.
- Support a team-driven Continuous Improvement system.
- Design and evaluate electrical control systems and components.
- Maintain production related control and computer systems including Level 0 field devices, Level 1 PLC and HMI.
- Directly or indirectly supervise departmental resources (employees, contractors, and/or equipment) to develop and maintain a well-organized and trained service group to the operation.
- Keep abreast of technological changes and developments in related fields.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
Reports to: Service Manager
- Remaining updated on advances in controls and process technologies.
- Taking advantage of technologies to improve processes with the primary goals of increasing production and efficiency, improving quality, and reducing waste.
- Modernizing older equipment.
- Managing skills gap for Electricians.
Location: 4300 East 49th Street Cuyahoga Heights, OH 44125
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location