The CMM Programmer writes and debugs programs for the CMM to produce detailed measurement data. This team-oriented role partners with quality members, manufacturing, research and design, and engineering to provide inspection results as well as solve unique and challenging problems.
for product inspection, research and development, Quality investigations and Calibration Management system. He/she starts and operates the CMM and uses conventional measurement equipment to perform accurate, repeatable inspection of product to Sonnax specifications. He/she providesProvides timely, accurate inspection data to support Sonnax operations and Quality goals aligned with business objectives. The CMM programmer serves as a technical resource within the company, works independently or collaboratively with others in professional manner, and leads Quality and Continuous Improvement by example.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Uses strong/advanced knowledge of GD&T to interpret and proofread engineering drawings;
· Implement CMM programs on complex part applications using Zeiss Calypso software from 3D solid-models and 2D drawings;
- Writes and debugsCreate, develop, and edit CMM programs (on and offline) for product inspection, Engineering research, New Product Development (NPD), Quality investigation and Calibration gaging;
- Starts and operates the CMM and use conventional measurement equipment to perform accurate, repeatable inspection of product at all stages of production (prototypes, new and development product, first article, pilot and production), Engineering research, New Product Development (NPD), Quality investigation and Calibration gaging;
Serve as a mentor for other CMM operators and programmers, provide training and solve more complex issues, using critical thinking ;Maintains and improves the library of CMM programs and data, associated equipment, files and/or documentation including but not limited to:
Updates to current REV level,
Detailed CMM set up instructions per Standard Work,
Holding fixtures needed to perform CMM inspection of product,
Inspection masters, and
- Standard Work related to CMM inspections;
- Identifies and implements improvements to enhance performance and efficiency of CMM inspection;
- Interacts directly and collaborates with Quality staff and other departments, as needed, to produce detailed measurement data and to support Quality at the Source and Continuous improvement;
- Uses Sonnax software (ARAS Innovator, Sage X3, Microsoft Office products, etc.) to record and document, report and interpret measurement data;
- Serves as a technical resource within the company and as a Quality representative on cross functional teams, as needed;
- Additional Quality functions as assigned;
- Works as a professional, effective member of the Quality team and on independent assignments that support professional growth.
· Supports other inspection processes as needed
Education and/or Experience required:
- Possesses a minimum of an Associate degree in a technical field;
- Has 3-5 years’ experienceyears’ experience as a Quality Inspector;
- Has completed formal CMM training plus 1with -53+ years of experience operating and programming a CMM - use of Zeiss CMM with Calypso software; is preferred;
- Has strong/advanced knowledge of GD&T, statistical analysis, metrologymetrology, and shop mathematics;
- Possesses a strong attention to detail for accurate and repeatable measurements, recording data and interpreting blueprints;
- Can effectively program, set-up, and prove out programs with minimal supervision;
- Ability to perform surface plate layout work to verify CMM measurements using conventional measurement equipment (micro-height, comparator, sine plates, height stands, etc.)
- Has strong interpersonal, organizational andorganizational and verbal/written communication skills;
- Is comfortable collaborating as a supportive team member or working independently ;independently;
· Possesses a bias for action, the ability to handle multiple priorities, has a positive, open attitude, is comfortable working in a fast pacedfast-paced environment and embraces Continuous Improvement;
- Uses Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) proficiently and is willing to learn Sonnax business software is preferred;;
- Familiarity with Quality practices and problem solvingproblem-solving tools – Six Sigma, CEDAC, A3, KATA, Root cause analysis, and 5 Why’s isWhy’s is preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector certification is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
· Ability to wear (without restrictions) required personal protective equipment including safety eyewear and footwear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
All employees must register their vaccine status
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bellows Falls, VT 05101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Coordinate measuring machine: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location