MS&K Engineering, a Civil Engineering firm has an opening for a Civil Engineer I to join our team in Bennington, Vermont. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in civil engineering and will be tasked with designing and permitting residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects of varying scope and scale. Individuals must possess a strong work ethic and a professional demeanor. The successful candidate must be willing to perform both office and field work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college is required;
- EIT Registration;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency with hydraulic/hydrologic stormwater modeling software (HydroCAD or similar)
- Perform standard civil engineering design calculations and quantity estimates;
- Draft plans and specifications under the supervision of a Professional Engineer;
- Produce detailed and finished drawings by making revisions from senior project team member’s comments and plans;
- Prepare construction documents for submittal to clients, municipalities, agencies and others as directed;
- Administration of construction phase services, including field observation, preparation of pay applications and change orders, and construction coordination.
- Work in a team environment on various projects and tasks, including: storm water, water, sanitary sewer and site development.
- Develop reports and preliminary concepts
- Resolve design and construction issues
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of basic geometry and trigonometry;
- Basic knowledge of land survey and civil engineering terms and practices;
- Extremely detail oriented;
- Familiarity with construction standards and terminology;
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to work independently on complex projects with general direction.
MSK offers a full benefits package, including health insurance, matching retirement contributions, life insurance and a competitive salary, depending on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,199.00 - $71,963.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burlington, VT 05401