Title: Long-term Substitute Teacher with KIPP Texas Public Schools
Hire Date: Immediate
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Hiring across all 54 KIPP Texas campuses in Greater Houston.
Available Positions: Multiple openings across all content areas with critical needs in: SPED, ELAR, and STEM.
Compensation: up to $160 for day-to-day positions and $176 for long-term roles
Earn up to $160 day-to-day and $176 for long-term roles when you start substitute teaching with Scoot Education. We are a mission-led organization whose purpose is to help create exceptional experiences in education. We get up every day striving to achieve the goal of 'right teacher, right classroom, right time'.
We hire exceptional substitute teachers across Texas, and we are excited to expand our impact to our newest and largest partner, KIPP Texas Public Schools. Founded in 1994, KIPP is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio.
Long-term sub position a.k.a the contingent classroom facilitator is a full-time position. This position is essential to the rhythm of KIPP’s schools and students' classroom experience. The ideal educator should enjoy driving student instruction and classroom engagement in the absence of a certified teacher. KIPP believes that their little KIPPsters deserve the best classroom experience and this position will assist us in filling any academic gaps in the interim of a teacher vacancy. KIPP Texas and Scoot Education are committed to assisting in the training and development of any Contingent Classroom Facilitator and will offer coaching cycles that will address areas of assistance needed during your time serving little KIPPsters.
The ideal long-term substitute for KIPP:
- Is reliable, punctual, and professional
- Executes academically rigorous lessons; following rubrics and administering assessments.
- Implements classroom management practices that are consistent with the culture of the school
- Develops an awareness of individual KIPPster’s progress and learning needs; relentless focus on helping students achieve educational greatness
- Is flexible and shows initiative especially in high-stress situations
- Continuously reflects & seeks feedback from teachers and administration to become a better educator in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Builds relationships that will help shape and develop a school-wide atmosphere that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
- Communicates students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with teachers.
- Contingent Classroom Facilitators may be required to record grades, complete lesson plans, tests etc per the assigned campus administrator request.
- Attendance is essential for compliance purposes, Contingent Classroom Facilitators are required to record student attendance daily.
Work Environment & Travel:
- An energetic campus with a bustling classroom of KIPPsters
- The average school day is 10 hours, normally ranging from 7am-5pm but hours will vary by campus
- As a Contingent Classroom Facilitator your long-term assignment will be in the same classroom, same content each day
Compensation and Benefits
- Experience market-leading pay rates of between $165-176 for long-term assignments, depending on teacher certification status in Texas.
- Have the option to commit to guaranteed work every day, be considered for long-term roles, or keep the flexibility of working when you want to.
- Join a team of elite substitute educators
- Receive direct deposits weekly
- Be a W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- Receive coaching from devoted, awesome consultants providing personalized support
- Access training to prepare you for the classroom - -ask us about ScootCamp!
The Application Process
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Provide up-to-date resume
- Complete an interview(s) as needed
- Undergo a background check
- Submit 3 recent references
Scoot Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Kinder, Early Years, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, High, SpEd, Special Ed, Resource Specialist, IEP, Paraprofessional, Teaching Aide, Teaching Assistant, Instructional Assistant, Campus Aide, Yard Supervisor, Math, Long-term substitute, Full-time position, Ongoing position, Science, STEM, English, ELA, History, Social Studies, PE, Physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Theatre Studies, Houston, Texas, Northwest, Southwest, Southeast, Southwest, Cypress, Humble, Woodlands, League City, Sugar Land, Pearland, Katy, Upper Kirby, Greenway, Galleria, Uptown, Pasadena, Greater Hobby, Missouri City, Aldine, KIPP Texas, KIPP Climb Academy,KIPP CONNECT Houston Primary, KIPP Dream Prep, KIPP Explore Academy,KIPP Journey Primary,KIPP Legacy Preparatory, KIPP Mosaic Primary,KIPP Nexus Primary,KIPP Peace Elementary,KIPP Sharp Prep,KIPP Shine Prep,KIPP Unity Primary,KIPP Zenith Academy, KIPP 3D Academy,KIPP Academy Middle,KIPP Academy West Middle,KIPP Connect Middle,KIPP Courage College Prep ,KIPP Intrepid Preparatory, KIPP Journey Collegiate School, KIPP Liberation College Preparatory, KIPP Mosaic Academy School, KIPP Nexus Middle, KIPP Polaris Academy for Boys, KIPP Prime College Preparatory, KIPP Sharpstown College Prep, KIPP Spirit College Prep, KIPP Voyage Academy for Girls, KIPP Connect High School, KIPP East End High School, KIPP Generations Collegiate, KIPP Houston High School, KIPP Northeast College Preparatory, KIPP Sunnyside High School
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $150.00 - $176.00 per day
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: One location