The number and complexity of the functions of our agricultural engineering products has increased significantly. This trend is expected to continue over the next few years, but the pace of change will continue to increase. AGCO's solution to this is a modular platform strategy to develop technologies and solutions in a way that allows us to reuse these innovations across different products and brands. Another challenge is that state-of-the-art features must be developed to meet global product liability regulations. In agriculture, standards such as ISO 25119, ISO 13849, ISO 12000, etc., drive this definition. To meet these requirements and also to avoid systematic and random hardware failures in the safety lifecycle, certain processes must be followed during development. As a Functional Safety & Assesment Engineer in our global Engineering team, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the relevant safety standards for our products. In this role, you are responsible for planning and conducting risk analyses and risk assessments, creating the safety requirements and addressing them to the other parties involved in the development process. You also responsible to coordinate the fulfilment of the safety requirements between the teams.
Support the definition and maintenance of the functional safety process according to the Safety Standards (e.g. ISO61508, ISO 25119, ISO 13849)
- Deliver functional safety work products (e.g. HARA/FMEA/Functional/Technical safety concept, review report) according to the project milestones
- Calculates and evaluates technical key figures (diagnostic coverage, MTTF, etc.) of E/E/PES and mechatronik systems
- Definition, coordination and optimization of all safety-related requirements in development
- Support the development teams (internal and supplier) to implement safety concepts on system, hardware and software level
- Planning, coordination and moderation of hazard analyses and risk assesment (HARA) and FMEA meetings / work groups as well as documentation in relevant tools.
- Analyze FMEAs from the suppliers
- Support System, SW, component, testing teams to develop/design compliance with the Safety standards
- Support the safety culture within the organization
- Support the interface with suppliers to develop the development interface agreement for the functional safety development
- Supports the safety manager in verifying the functional safety activities
Engineering degree or comparable education
- First professional experience in the field of functional/product safety
- Good knowledge in the area of standards and regulations concerning product safety
- Very good written and spoken English
- Competent moderator, ability to convince, organization and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team and a self-confident appearance
- Strong mediative skills and high communication skills
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.