Blue Vigil is an award winning, early-stage company, that designs and manufactures power tether systems for drones; tethered aerial lights and related technologies. Blue Vigil was founded in 2015 and is based in Sterling, VA.
Blue Vigil is currently seeking a Mechanical Technician to join our team and support our ongoing product development and manufacturing activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of senior engineers, assist in the fabrication, installation, and test of mechanical units, systems, subsystems or models from specific drawings and schematic diagrams; use of 3-D printer, laser cutter and/or other tools.
- Operate standard test equipment and instruments.
- Fabricate and assemble various system parts and test rigs
- Provide design input and improve reliability of mechanical assemblies.
- Support to logistics activities: inventory list requirements, packing, and shipping of all equipment to remote locations.
- Support procurement and inventory of lab supplies and equipment.
- Create drawings of parts/assemblies in Fusion360 from legacy and handwritten drawings.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Aptitude for or demonstrated technical abilities in areas of mechanical fabrication, installation, and test of mechanical systems or subsystems.
- Read/comprehend drawings of parts/assemblies in CAD
- Operation of 3D Printer, laser cutter, CNC machine and similar technologies
- Use of mechanical test equipment
- Fabrication of wiring harnesses and cables
- Methods and techniques involved with assembly and testing of mechanical hardware.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Preferred Education and Experience
- AS or BS in relatable technical discipline or 1+ years of experience within mechanical product design
- Basic understanding of electro-mechanical products and reading of schematics
- Design of parts/assemblies in CAD and handwritten drawings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sterling, VA 20166: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- work related: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location