Hi. We’re Dedalus. We’re wine lovers who sell really good wine. Our goal is to support small winemakers and create awesome experiences for our guests. We love what we do and want you to join us. (Yes, you.) With our team, you’ll learn, grow, and become a part of an exciting, world-class wine business.
DEDALUS WINE BAR
Dedalus exists to tell wine’s story, inspire great drinking, bring people happiness, bring communities together around the table, and build a world class wine business.
Our wine bar is used to shed light on our access to the most amazing wine and food. Our service style and language lends itself to high quality standards in which the company operates as a whole. The forefront of our mission is to shape wine culture. We strive to make wine accessible to everyone while being ambassadors for the artisans behind our amazing products.
We are looking to bring on an additional server to our wine bar team. An ideal candidate will possess skills including time management, organizational skills, product expertise, and interpersonal intelligence. Their desire to continually learn as a hospitality professional will internally motivate them to continue studying, tasting, and pushing their own boundaries.
- Discuss, open, and pour wine properly
- Curate engaging and transportive experiences for our guests through warm hospitality
- Possess high level knowledge of the wines and plates being served
- Demonstrate a high level of cleanliness and organization
- Maintain composure and professionalism during busy periods of service
- Maintain adherence to standard operating procedures, steps of service for every guest and keep up with daily cleaning tasks
- At least 2 years of experience in a FOH position or strong desire to grow within this industry
- Intermediate wine knowledge is preferred but a beginner eager to learn is also valuable. (WSET, CMS, or equivalent beverage certifications preferred but not required)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work well with others and communicate effectively
- Must have nights and weekends available
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
Compensation: hourly with gratuity
Employment Type: part and full-time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.55 - $31.55 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Upscale casual restaurant
Weekly day range:
All employees at Dedalus Wine Shop, Market & Bar must have their Covid-19 Vaccination.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, VT 05401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Restaurant experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location