We are now hiring production employees. Full and Part time available! Apply today!!
Raw Product Inspection
- Visual inspection of the raw product on the conveyor and pick out major defects on the product and discard into drop chute.
- Pick out any foreign materials for example: rocks, wood, etc.
- Responsible for keeping the conveyors, cutters, surge hoppers, floor, front, north and south side of the dryer to C stage free from product buildup.
- Responsible for sanitizing all process equipment via procedures established by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for immediately notifying the Shift Supervisor of any equipment or product flow problems that arise.
- Responsible for mixing chemicals and/or additives required for process. Responsible for wearing correct PPE (personal protective equipment) when working with chemicals and/or additives.
Steam Peel Operations
- Responsible for consistent product flows from holding bins to steam peeler. Responsible for correct product flow in to and out of the steam peeler.
- Ensures working area around steam peeler remains clean and free from debris, including floor, flumes, conveyors, bins, equipment, and wastewater areas.
- Responsible for inspecting rock traps and documenting findings.
- Reports any changes or problems to the Shift Supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for recording required information on paperwork.
- Ensures the finished product is placed in the proper container, is of correct weight and labeled correctly according to the specification outlined by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Ensures all equipment from the end of the dryer forward is functioning properly and product is flowing smoothly. Immediately reports any deviations found to Shift Supervisor.
- Responsible for visually monitoring the metal detector and notifying the Quality Assurance shift worker if the metal detector rejects any product.
- Responsible for visually inspecting product for any foreign material before it is packaged according to specifications of the Quality Assurance Manager. Reports any finding immediately to the Quality Assurance shift worker.
- Responsible for picking out, if needed, any product that does not meet specifications according to directions of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for keeping area from the end of the dryer forward clean and free of debris.
- Reports any unsafe conditions, mechanical or equipment problems to Shift Supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for closing and/or sealing totes and placing them in the proper place in the staging area.
- Responsible for operating a forklift to move the product once it is placed in totes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location