Big Horn Co-operative Marketing Association Greybull WY
Big Horn Co-operative, headquartered in Greybull WY offers farm, ranch, home and commercial customers reliable energy, agronomy, custom application, grain marketing, lumber, farm stores, and convenience products through its network of locations in North Central Wyoming.
The Big Horn Co-op includes locations in Greybull Basin, Worland, Riverton. Powell and Buffalo.
Annual sales of $80 million plus with 135 employees. Continue to build on our vision of building stakeholder value and striving for excellence.
The CEO will be responsible for implementing best retail practices and professional management practices while maximizing profitability within the bounds of the overall strategic plan of the business. Key metrics are sales and profit. He or she must be comfortable being an agent of change and challenging the status quo.
- Position requires accounting skills as well as a complete understanding of finance and budgeting, planning and business process controls.
- Best retail practices include a broad range, including buying and merchandising, receiving, inventory management, sales and marketing strategies, and tactics.
- Professional management practices include building a high energy, motivated, and capable team, and providing the leadership, training, and mentoring necessary to enable them to reach the full potential success of the business.
- The CEO will be responsible for implementing the strategic business plan and budget and for preparing budgets on an annual basis
- The CEO will work directly with the 10-person Board of Directors in reviewing strategy, long term objectives, policies and plans.
In support of the responsibilities above, oversee and manage the business decisions pertaining to:
- Financial management of profitability and balance sheet strength.
- Buying and merchandising
- Marketing, advertising, and design of promotional programs
- Inventory management procedures
- Operations, personnel management and all key decisions
- Communicate effectively to encourage the team of employees to engage the Coops customer base with a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Oversee, recruit, evaluate, coach, and train team members leveraging diversity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Access the buying/merchandising and sales functions to implement changes as needed.
- Foster a strong network of contacts within the local and regional retail community
- The CEO will be well informed on best retail practices within several large retail segments which are relevant to the Coop
- Manage the financial review of sales, gross margin, expenses, liquidity, operations, and capital expenditures, if necessary, implement plans for improvement.
- The CEO will review all legal contracts in general: buying/ merchandising, construction, advertising, employment, and service/vendor
Experience Talent and Education Requirements:
- Demonstrated track record as CEO running a successful retail, agronomy and energy business.
- Sales and marketing experience with the ability to grow the business
- Demonstrated track record of building strong teams and mentoring key employees into significant management roles
- Strong retail management operations with combined merchandising/buying experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build teams and foster partnerships
- Strong work ethic and hands-on management approach
- Demonstrated financial management, merchandising, analytical, and planning skills
Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making skills combined with ability to be organized
Previous direct experience in a retail operation and refined fuels which has substantial
overlap with the Coops products and customers
Strong written and oral communications skills
Computer skills: Email, Excel, Power Point
- Working knowledge of software for inventory management systems and point of sales systems
Experience handling many SKUs within different product categories
- Must be capable of ensuring that a relevant web site is maintained
- Must be capable of managing a fleet for sales, delivery, and custom application, including maintenance shop for fleet.
For More information contact: David Lemmon 320-219-0270
Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are a driving force in the success of our company.
The position offers competitive compensation and benefits. The compensation package will range from $200,000 to $250,000. Additionally, a bonus package may be offered. Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Bighorn does have a competitive benefits package.
Deadline is October 15th, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $200,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greybull, WY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Budgeting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Analysis skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location