In support of a major STC program, we are seeking an expert wire routing engineer. You will be responsible for EWIS and wire separation requirements, using Catia V5 to route new wire bundles and turning those models into 2D drawings, designing disconnect brackets and wire bundle attaching brackets and creating reference geometry.
Essential Duties and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline and 5 years of relevant experience; or masters degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Catia V5 and Microsoft Office
- Aircraft wire bundle routing and certification experience
- Modeling of aircraft reference geometry
- FAR Part 25 certification of EWIS mechanical systems
- Systems performance testing
- Performing cost and weight studies for alternative design concepts
- Supporting the preparation and execution of detailed projects plans
- Ability to perform basic structural analyses
- Fluency in aircraft fastener and material properties
- Comprehensive working knowledge of engineering principles, repair and fabrication practices, aviation hardware, and general aircraft maintenance operations
- Must be a self-starter who is adaptable, highly motivated, able to work under pressure, and can work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of aircraft design concepts, industry design standards, and FAA regulations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to coordinate effectively with FAA, DERs, and customers
- Ability to communicate effectually during design review meetings
- Must work well with a team — a critical component of this position
- Experience with STC modifications
We are looking for an individual with aircraft EWIS, wire routing and Catia V5 experience to work as a mechanical systems engineer remotely.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $60.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote