WACKER SILICONES is one of the world’s biggest silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions and over 3,000 different products.
At our Adrian site, we are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to be a part of our growing team.
Provide plant engineering services primarily at the Wacker/Adrian site. Conducts long-term and short-term analysis of site wide electrical system. Responsible for coordinating all general plant electrical investments including capital projects, preventive maintenance, and corrective maintenance, including, but not limited to, incoming distribution demand requirements, plant power supply (poles, wiring, transformers, etc.), substations, MCCs, wired alarm systems (fire and security alarms), IT wiring, communications, etc.
- Oversee all general plant electrical systems and coordinate with production departments to maintain a consistent approach to upgrade and sustainability throughout the facility.
- Oversee and monitor all general plant electrical maintenance activities, including assessing the incoming distribution demand requirements, preventive maintenance reports (e.g., for power poles and substations) and determining, planning, and implementation of complex electrical systems, as well as overseeing any corrective maintenance recommended.
- Participate in and take responsibility for electrical aspects of the annual plant shutdown
- Conduct complex analysis of electrical needs and system requirements. Oversee performance by outside engineers of: preliminary design (e.g., scope development, diagramming, equipment selection, budgeting and scheduling); detailed design (process calculations, equipment/vendor selection); checkout and turnover; and project management (e.g., project scheduling and monitoring, documentation and training) for general plant electrical projects including both electrical distribution and instrumentation/controls.
- Act as a resource for other plant electrical engineers for NEC code issues, arc flash and similar technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree (BS in Electrical Engineering or related)
- 15+ years’ experience in industrial electrical systems
- Desired experience - extensive experience with electrical distribution systems up to 4160V. Ability to make significant recommendations for short-term and long-term projects.
- Variable frequency drive specification and setup (Allen-Bradley preferred)
- Electrical drawings (reading & creating), piping and instrumentation diagrams (reading & redlining)
- Knowledge of NEC codes and ISA standards
- Plant instrumentation and controls; PLC & HMI programming
- Experience with OSHA PSM-rated (Process Safety Management) processes desired
- Software - RS View, RS Logix, RS Batch
WACKER, as an innovative chemical company, makes a vital contribution toward improving the quality of life around the world by developing intelligent solutions for sustainable growth. Our culture focuses on building and retaining diverse and inclusive teams. WACKER offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
Be part of our WACKER family, across all nations!
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com.
Reference Code: 24333
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. A minimum requirement for this US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent unrestricted basis. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including for any type of US permanent residency (e.g., for a Green card).
WACKER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.