Hybrid position: 50% on-site and 50% remote
- Responsible for ensuring product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability, and performance.
- Responsible for the writing and execution of tests, and reporting of issues
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
- Document defects, using MS Team Foundation Server, and report defects to developers
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, test scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Track and report against established QA metrics
- Clearly define applicable testing procedures and expectations with business and development teams
- Support holistic testing efforts for multiple projects and product releases, including integration, system, regression, performance and user acceptance testing
- Provide estimates for testing tasks and responsibilities and communicate QA activity status
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Experience * More than 3 years of Testing experience required, including understanding business requirements and functional specifications and creating test plans/test cases to provide adequate coverage of the Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Experience with various methods of software testing to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, end-to-end and integration testing, boundary/negative testing, error or defect retests, usability tests, and user acceptance tests.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and writing T-SQL queries.
- Testing web applications for cross-browser compatibility using desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Experience writing unit tests (e.g., NUnit).
- Experience with risk-based decision making.
- System integration trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Testing both Web Applications and Windows Applications, and Microsoft Visual Studio.Required Skills
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communication skills - Customer focus and communication skills to effectively communicate customer and business requirements to others.
- Influence - Leverages earned respect and influence rather than authority to achieve desired outcomes. (Recognizes that influence is a more effective way of leading others than authority.)
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Collaborative — Team player who can effectively work with other members of the team to deliver high quality results.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
All employees must have Covid-19 vaccine or being willing to get it.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Streetsboro, OH 44241: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- QA: 4 years (Required)
- manual testing: 4 years (Required)
- T-SQL: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location