Fox Cities Builders is looking for reliable and dedicated individuals with experience in the construction and building industry to join our team. Doing the Right Thing, Hard-working, being Trustworthy and Respectful are the basis of everything we have accomplished, and everything we are determined to accomplish—which is why we look for these qualities when searching for new employees and are our Core Values that we live by every day.
The basic function of the Crewperson is to assist the carpenter and other crewmembers in installation or fabrication of agricultural/commercial building systems. This includes agricultural/commercial building, construction, site work, concrete, masonry, metals, wood, and plastics, thermal and moisture protection, doors and windows, finishes, specialties, equipment, furnishings and special construction.
The following core values are the pillars that have inspired greatness and professionalism within our organization, and they will continue to drive growth and development into the future of our customers.
Do the Right Thing: Whatever it takes to make the “customer” happy according to our Core Values
Trustworthy: Knowing that we can trust each person with the task
Respectful: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Hard-Working: Have a “Can Do” attitude and go, get after it
- Assist with installation or fabrication of agricultural/commercial building systems.
- Be aware of, understand and follow Fox Cities Builders safety culture, particularly the use of hardhats, safety glasses, ear plugs, dust masks, reflective clothing, and assigned harnesses.
- Perform demolition of interior/exterior build-out in designated areas as assigned with respect towards equipment, property, and safety.
- Keep project site clean and appearance professional daily.
- Ensure vehicle and equipment is cleaned and maintained as it is used.
- Maintains equipment and tools in good condition with all safety guards and features in place when in operation and completes safety inspections as requested.
- Flexibility in hours is required, though can change due to outside factors including job scheduling and weather conditions.
- Use, maintain, and inspect safety equipment and personal protective equipment prior to use.
- Maintain overall safety of all person(s) on job site daily.
- Performs tasks safely and does not attempt to complete without the proper training.
- Knows location of first aid kit, fire extinguisher, MSDS, egress routes and emergency information when reporting to jobsite.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings and toolbox talks.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Follow all company and customer policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform job in a professional manner (appearance, language, behavior).
- Always upholds the Core Values of Fox Cities Builders.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- General fluency with tools used in various trades.·
- Knowledge of the general construction industry and the sub-contractor trades.·
- Ability to perform tasks and follow directions assigned by the Foreman and Superintendent accurately and within the specified timeframe.·
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to handle physical and demanding requirements of the position.·
- Ability to take pride in servicing the customer and having a strong commitment to safety.·
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems before they become major issues.·
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time while maintaining attention to detail.·
- Ability to communicate with basic understanding of the English language.·
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in all types of weather including extreme heat/cold as well as snowy, rainy, or sleet-like conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required: General knowledge of the construction industry.
- Must be able to elevate to heights of 30 feet or higher and lift 75 pounds or more.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, and stand to operate and move heavy equipment.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, stairs and into equipment as needed.
- Must be physically able to walk on uneven, wet, slippery or grainy surfaces.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather, including extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures as well as in rain or snow types of conditions.
- Ability to travel throughout facility or to job sites as required to conduct regular safety inspections.
We offer our employees Medical/Dental/Vision/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance. HSA Bank is our Health Savings Account provider to help you save for those qualified medical, dental and vision expenses you have throughout the year. You can also participate in supplemental critical illness and accident insurance. We offer 9 paid holidays and a generous paid time off amount after successful completion of your 90-day probationary period.
There is a performance-based end of year bonus for employees along with a number of company sponsored events throughout the year. We’ve gone ice fishing, paint balling, the Gamblers game, Urban Air Adventure Park and have so much more planned!
For your retirement, we want you to be prepared so we match $1 for $1 up to the first 3% that you contribute into your Simple IRA plan. Our employees also get paid training and development opportunities throughout the year, and did we mention, employees get FREE company apparel!?
Fox Cities Builders is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.