Principal Mechanical Engineer
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer based in Columbia, SC.
- Responsible for advanced mechanical design activities using established Westinghouse and first-of-a-kind methodologies for the development of new nuclear fuel products and enhancements of existing fuel products.
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, and analysis of complex engineering solutions.
- Provide subject matter leadership in multifaceted teams with focus on new product development or issue resolution.
- Lead testing activities of nuclear fuel and related components. This includes development of test plans, testing oversight, compilation and processing of test data, and performing design analysis based on test data output.
- Leads and performs a variety of analysis activities to support manufacturability changes and resolution of manufacturing quality issues.
- Provide leadership by example to ensure policies, practices, and procedures are understood and followed by other team members.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and support for the technical development of less experienced engineers.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other internal functional groups in support of Westinghouse Business activities.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (or comparable technical degree) required.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant engineering experience (10+ preferred).
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in SolidWorks, Ansys, and MATLAB is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Hopkins, SC 29061