Job Title: 2ndShift Safety Superintendent I Level: Exempt
Reports to: Director – Safety, Security, and Compliance
Back Up: CFO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides appropriate safety and health, accident prevention, and investigation training for managers and supervisors.
- Assist management in the annual inspection of workplaces to assure safe and healthful conditions for workers.
- Assists in the development and distribution of appropriate notices for management to issue for abatement of any identified hazards.
- Provides promotional materials and administers recognition systems to promote safe and healthful work performance.
- Participates in the overall investigation of accidents and the development of measures to prevent recurrences.
- In conjunction with Safety Team, works to ensure 100% compliance with OSHA required compliance and training.
- In conjunction with Food Safety Team, works to ensure 100% compliance with required food safety training.
- Assist management and supervisors in investigating accidents and developing measures to prevent recurrences.
- Reviews claims for injuries and illnesses on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration log. Analyzes accident reports and evaluates injury cases.
- Assists with safety audits on personnel, equipment and materials.
- In conjunction with the Safety & Training Director, evaluates success of and recommends changes to safety procedures and policies
- Review and submit SDS sheets for SDS Online system
- Conduct employee safety training sessions.
- Serves as the backup for the monitoring of:
- Plant TYCO fire alarm system in case of fire or equipment related issues 24/7. (Heat Strobes, Smoke Detectors, Pull Stations)
- Administration TYCO fire alarm and burglar alarm 24/7.
- TYCO heat strobes in the ammonia room 24/7.
- Maintains iAuditor system.
- Serves as a back-up to Fleet Manager to conduct forklift training for employees
- Other duties may be assigned
- Manages and supervises the daily tasks of the Safety Lead Positions
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement and volume.
- Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization
- Must be able to work flexible hours which may include Saturdays and Sundays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 - $78,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location