Senior Network Engineer
Albany based IT Solutions company is seeking a full-time Senior Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will support various networking technologies including wide area networks, local area networks, routing, switching, wireless, voice, and security. The candidate must possess hands on experience, advanced networking knowledge along with excellent communication and documentation skills. The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Perform installation, maintenance, and support of hardware or software.
- Perform troubleshooting, installation, and upgrade services as needed.
- Collaborate with other engineering and IT team members to plan, develop, execute and support infrastructure and network-related projects.
- Configure, deploy, maintain and repair all network gear, including but not limited to switches, routers, firewalls and access points.
- Identify barriers or problems and apply problem-solving skills.
- System monitoring
- Review system and application logs
- Analyze network resource utilization.
- Provide L2 and L3 teams with support as needed.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot hardware and software issues and replace hardware or software as needed.
- Provide phone support to end users.
- Standing up site-to-site networking, including but not limited to VPNs, SDWAN, IPSec tunnels, and ISP point-to-point connections.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in related field
- 5+ years of work experience in network engineering, systems administration, or related field
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and recommend solutions.
- Experience with routing/switching, WiFi, SDWAN and carrier infrastructure
- Familiar with the following vendor platforms: Cisco, Aruba, HPE
- Demonstrable experience with basic switched and wireless networking architecture including VLANS, subnetting, NAT, routing protocols.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable IT systems/applications
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and tools.
- Ability to document and maintain up to date systems procedures.
- Strong analytical skills
- Certifications in Network Technologies (Cisco Networking, HPE, ARUBA)
- Security+, CCNA or comparable product line certification.
- Hands-on Experience in Clearpass Network Access Control
- Hands-on Experience in Aruba Mobility
- Experience implementing large-scale infrastructure solutions with a proven track record of success.
- Working with Visio to prepare diagrams for Network Diagrams/topology.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- Experience with ticketing software
PNJ Technology Partners is a local company in its 39th year of business with an excellent reputation.
We work with a large range of clients from small firms in need of networking support to large organizations with complex networking requirements.
Full Time: 40 Hours a week.
We offer a competitive base salary and full benefits. Salary based on experience.
**Local travel is required - must have reliable vehicle
Apply only if you meet the above requirements. Only those candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albany, NY 12205: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Computer networking: 5 years (Preferred)
- LAN: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Albany, NY 12205