We are a Lowcountry Site Preparation Company, specializing in site clearing, earthwork, utilities, and paving. We are currently searching for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Truck Dispatcher. Our fleet includes triaxle dump, tractor-trailer dump, and lowboy trucks. Compensation to be based on individual candidate and experience.
A suitable candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, remain calm and able to communicate well with others while sorting out problems that may arise. Since drivers are normally on their routes before and after normal business hours, a dispatcher will need to be readily available to assist drivers when needed.
Truck Dispatcher Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping records, monitoring drivers’ daily logs for errors or violations, and monitoring their work hours and equipment availability
- Keeping watch on the weather at all drivers’ locations to be able to flag potential issues.
- Reliable point of contact to both drivers and customer requirements.
- Coordinating and managing the most efficient loads to remain cost effective by scheduling shipments based on routes and timeline.
- Providing the necessary documents and permits that drivers will need for their load.
- Scheduling, taking orders, and dispatching drivers to appropriate locations according to schedules and customer requests.
- Keeping and organizing paperwork that includes work tickets, customer tickets and completed orders and requests.
- Ability to use telephones, two-way radios, text, and email to communicate with drivers, superintendents, foreman and customers.
- Work as a liaison between drivers and our fleet manager for any maintenance requirements.
- Keeping management informed of issues pertaining to driver performance.
- Keep abreast and follow current FMCSA regulations for compliance with DOT regulations.
- Lead safety and operational meetings with drivers.
- Hire and retain professional truck drivers to carry out our company objectives.
- Visit jobsites to view performance and solve issues that may involve trucks.
- Willing to be a team player and assist others when needed.
- Company vehicle to be used at work
- Competitive wages
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Walterboro, SC 29488: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location