A. Morton Thomas, Inc. (AMT, Inc.) is seeking a highly motivated Transportation Project Manager to assume a key role in the firm’s growing Richmond, Virginia office. Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 10 years of experience working on transportation projects for VDOT and Virginia localities.
- As a Transportation Project Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for; client coordination, managing a design team, coordinating with other design disciplines, performing Quality Control reviews, preparing scope and fee proposals, adhering to project budgets and schedules, and assisting with RFP responses and presentations.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for leading a design team and preparing roadway, sidewalk and storm drainage construction plans for a variety of infrastructure improvement projects.
- Projects to be managed may include the following design and support tasks: roadway, trail and sidewalk design; open and closed system storm drainage design; stormwater management design; erosion and sediment control plans; Transportation Management Plans; signing and pavement marking plans; traffic signal plans; quantity and cost estimating; utility adjustment plans and coordination; and other engineering design and support tasks related to the development of roadway construction plans
- Virginia licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 10 years Transportation Engineering experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and lead a design team
- Technical proficiency with Microstation and OpenRoads Designer
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral
With 65 years of distinguished service within the mid-Atlantic region, AMT has established itself as an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and has been honored by ZweigGroup as a Hot Firm. As a 100% employee-owned firm of approximately 500 employees, each one of our professionals has a stake in our business and thrive in this entrepreneurial environment where team members are encouraged to proactively work with their supervisors to identify roles that are complementary with their strengths, interests, and career goals. Our culture of innovation and collaboration places strong emphasis on team-spirit, diversity, thoughtfulness, growth and learning, discipline expertise and personal accountability offers a rewarding career in a dynamic, high-performance environment. We understand your career is a big part of your life but realize a work/life balance is important for personal health and wellness with the ability to work hybrid through a combination of office and remote technology.
AMT offers employee ownership, competitive salary, exemplary benefits package that includes a strong 401(k) matching plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible working conditions, educational assistance, in-house training programs, and more.
Why Join AMT?
At AMT, we understand that our most valuable asset is our staff. For 65 years, we have worked diligently to build a team of talented employees who fully embody our values as an organization – values such as teamwork, integrity, and innovation. Now that we have transitioned into an employee-owned firm, we are excited to place the future of AMT into nearly 450 sets of dedicated hands.
The AMT Difference*
Our company culture is characterized by a workforce that holds the highest standards of ethics and integrity, focused client care, and commitment to AMT's Core Values of safety, respect, integrity, commitment, quality, teamwork. leadership, responsibility, and profitable growth. Operating as an ESOP allows us to reward our dedicated and loyal employees with additional benefits from the company’s stock as well as an incentive to continue building a high-performance ownership culture.
To strengthen and support its employees, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry.
Job Type: Full-time