XALT Energy is a leading developer and manufacturer of large-format lithium ion battery cells and associated modules & packs.
Utilizing its state-of-the-art production operations, proven technology and talented human capital, XALT Energy delivers practical, cost effective and well-engineered energy storage and usage solutions to its global customers in marine, commercial transportation, stationary power storage and defense industries.
Based in Midland, Michigan, XALT Energy continues to expand its knowledge and expertise to explore and evaluate next generation lithium ion battery technology and engineered solutions for current and future applications.
If you value creativity, entrepreneurship and operational excellence, we encourage you to consider XALT Energy as your career path.
Position Title: Operations Technician
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Status: Regular Full-time
The Operations Technician has responsibility and accountability for the day-to-day operation of a variety of manufacturing, fabrication and assembly equipment for the company.
- Interfacing with and controlling mechanical/electrical fabrication and assembly machinery
- Safely performing operational adjustments, transfer of materials, process troubleshooting and equipment maintenance
- Responding to process control information and adjusting/correcting process variables
- Working in a clean room and low humidity environment
- Setup, startup, operate, shutdown and maintain manufacturing, fabrication and assembly equipment and processes
- Work safely and in compliance with all regulations and quality systems.
- Transfer and handle materials needed to operate equipment and produce product
- Inspect and adjust process control equipment
- Interface with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information
- Operate tools and assist with changeovers
- Participate in improvement teams and problem solving
- Work overtime or shift work as needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Must have computer knowledge (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work all shifts on a rotating basis, including weekends
- Previous experience in collaborative work environments
- Authorized to work in the U.S on a regular, full -time, permanent basis
- Takes actions and displays behaviors that demonstrate ownership in the success of the
- Demonstrates primary focus on meeting both internal and external customer needs when identifying, prioritizing and accomplishing tasks
- Can work independently and collaborate to overcome obstacles and achieve positive results
- Exhibits the behaviors to want to learn and own the daily process equipment to continue to better understand and improve operation of the cell assembly process equipment
- Evaluates and challenges existing work processes and practices to promote continuous
- Builds safety, a strong positive attitude, quality and compliance into all actions
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
XALT Energy offers competitive salary and benefits to include:
- Choice of three health plans, vision, dental and life insurance; ancillary benefits; 401(k); company paid holidays and paid time off.
- The salary range commensurate with education and experience.
Must successfully complete a background check, a drug screen and a physical.
EOE including Disabled and Vets / VEVRAA Federal Contractor