Interested in boats and the lake life? Why not start selling dreams? Wilson Marine Brighton is on the Water! We are looking for excited, motivated salespeople to sell boats at our Brighton headquarters. Being one of the highest volume and largest stocking boat dealers with 5 locations in S.E. Michigan,.... we have unparalleled opportunities to sell in your first year in sales and commissions! I have an immediate opening and now is the perfect time to come onboard for product training.
Wilson Marine has been a leader in the boating industry for the past 70 years and carries some of the top brands. Including: Bennington, Harris, Sunchaser and Vista pontoons, Bayliner, and Crownline runabouts and cruisers, Hurricane Deck boats, Heyday inboard surf boats, Sea Fox offshore boats, Sportsman Center Consoles, and more. We are consistently #1 in our marketing area in all segments and have the largest in stock inventory in the state.
We are looking for a professional salesperson with experience selling large ticket items in a retail environment. This is not an entry level position and previous similar selling experience is a must. People from retail automotive, RV, watersports and home improvement industries have done well making the transition to marine sales.
The right candidate will possess a friendly personality, an ability to multitask, be a highly motivated self-starter, have a positive attitude, be a team player and above all, a willingness to learn! You must possess at least 3 years prior experience selling in a retail environment. This is retail selling so you must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends and evenings on a rotational basis.
Essential Skills for this Position
- Retail Sales Experience and a love of outdoor recreation a big plus!
- High Ticket Negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills, to effectively deal with customers and colleagues, both verbally and by the written word.
- Ability to be work efficiently both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel... social media platforms
- A winning attitude
- The ability to work weekends and evenings on a rotational basis. Saturdays are a normal work day for us.
What we will provide
- Training on our product lines, features and benefits
- An existing customer data base
- Professional support staff
- The largest in stock inventory in the state of Michigan
- Sales training
- A clean and friendly work environment
- Multiple indoor showrooms displaying in excess of 20 boats inside at 5 different locations
- Medical insurance,..... Paid vacations and holidays
- 4 Fully staffed service centers throughout S.E. Michigan
This position provides a salary of $40,000. per year plus commission. We have several sales people on staff that consistently earn in excess of $100,000 USD per year.
Please provide your resume for consideration and if you would like more information about us visit www.wilsonboats.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- This job requires evenings and weekends including Sundays on a rotational basis. Are you available to work this kind of shift?
- Sales Experience: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location