Energy Exploration Technologies has a mission to become a worldwide leader in the global transition to sustainable energy. Founded in 2018, the company is fundamentally changing the way humanity is powering our world and storing clean energy with breakthrough lithium-ion technology and energy storage solutions.
Process Engineer will translate EnergyX’s separation advances into technologies such as electrodialysis, solvent extraction, ion adsorption, and ion exchange scaling from bench to pilot and demonstration scale leading to commercialization. The role will lead a team responsible for flowsheet design, simulations, equipment sizing, and specifications, and developing PFDs, PIDs, HAZID, and HAZOPs. The position will be responsible for designing, building, and operating pilot and demonstration plants with inputs from equipment vendors and engineering and play a lead role in technology transfer to commercialization.
Work on a team of experienced EnergyX scientists in research and development focused on disruptive materials and engineering systems to fundamentally transform scientific aspects of the energy industry including:
- Lead EnergyX novel lithium extraction materials and technologies scale-up to pilot, demonstration, and commercial scale.
- Manage and mentor engineering staff in areas of materials production and process development in areas of membrane production and separation, electrodialysis, ion exchange/adsorption and solvent extraction.
- Track and communicate the status of laboratory projects to design, production, and materials engineers.
- Evaluate the state of the industry techniques and equipment for future lab and pilot testing capabilities.
- Convert technical information from laboratory to pilot and commercial process systems.
- Coordinate testing and piloting with contract laboratories.
- Interface with equipment vendors to procure equipment to specifications.
- Engage with EPC contractors to deliver demonstration and commercial plants.
- Oversee development and implementation process plants at all scales.
- Assess competitive technologies and their applications.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Minerals Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in process development, piloting, scale-up, and operations.
- Understands integrating technology into overall process design.
- Experience with typical hydrometallurgical unit operations, specifically membrane separation, ion exchange, and solvent extraction technologies.
- Experienced with project development, management, and delivery.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Understanding of techniques applicable for lithium extraction, separation, recovery, and refining.
- General knowledge of the water desalination, membrane, energy storage, and lithium industries.
- Strong knowledge of unit operation functionality including understanding the strengths and weaknesses of various unit operations and their limitations.
- Conducting engineering calculations, mass and energy balances, process modeling, and process equipment design.
- Strong capital cost and operating cost knowledge of relevant processes, equipment, and unit operations.
- Integrating safety in design, Process Safety, HAZOP, and HAZID.
- Effective communication skills as related to the board, partners, and investors including presentation skills at meetings and conferences.
EnergyX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with EnergyX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.