This position is limited to people with indefinite right to work in the United States
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change. Big-data and digital technologies are driving business transformation that is unlocking new capabilities and business innovations in areas like eCommerce, mobile experiences and IoT. PepsiCo’s Data Management and Operations team is tasked with the responsibility of developing quality data collection processes, maintaining the integrity of our data foundations and enabling business leaders and data scientists across the company to have rapid access to the data they need for decision-making and innovation.
As a member of the data engineering team, you will be the key technical expert developing and overseeing PepsiCo's data product build & operations and drive a strong vision for how data engineering can proactively create a positive impact on the business. You'll be an empowered member of a team of data engineers who build data pipelines into various source systems, rest data on the PepsiCo Data Lake, and enable exploration and access for analytics, visualization, machine learning, and product development efforts across the company. As a member of the data engineering team, you will help lead the development of very large and complex data applications into public cloud environments directly impacting the design, architecture, and implementation of PepsiCo's flagship data products around topics like revenue management, supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics. You will work closely with process owners, product owners and business users. You'll be working in a hybrid environment with in-house, on-premise data sources as well as cloud and remote systems.
- Active contributor to code development in projects and services
- Manage and scale data pipelines from internal and external data sources to support new product launches and drive data quality across data products
- Build and own the automation and monitoring frameworks that capture metrics and operational KPIs for data pipeline quality and performance
- Responsible for implementing best practices around systems integration, security, performance and data management
- Empower the business by creating value through the increased adoption of data, data science and business intelligence landscape
- Collaborate with internal clients (data science and product teams) to drive solutioning and POC discussions.
- Develop and optimize procedures to “productionalize” data science models
- Define and manage SLA’s for data products and processes running in production
Qualifications / Requirements :
- 2+ years of overall technology experience that includes at least 2+ years of hands-on building data engineering pipelines
- 2+ years of experience in SQL optimization and performance tuning, and development experience in programming languages like Python, PySpark, Scala etc.)
- 1+ years in cloud data engineering experience in Azure Azure Certification is a plus
- 1+ Years in building data engineering pipelines in Azure (ADF and databricks)
- Experience with version control systems like Github and deployment & CI tools
- Experience with Statistical/ML techniques is a plus
- Experience with building solutions in the retail or in the supply chain space is a plus
- Understanding of metadata management, data lineage, and data glossaries is a plus
- Working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps and DataOps concepts is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior-level management
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements
- Positive and flexible attitude to enable adjusting to different needs in an ever-changing environment
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location