We have both first shift and third shift openings! Read all about our great benefits and company culture on our new website: https://careers.thekrusteazcompany.com/
$19.11 Per Hour + $1.50 shift differential, employee health insurance premiums paid, and up to 9% quarterly incentive bonus. Benefits
- Platinum level health insurance rating with low premiums, deductibles and out of pocket maximums Employee Premiums paid for 2nd and 3rd shift.
- Up to 9% quarterly bonus potential
- Paid life insurance
- Up to 5% 401(k) match
- 3 Weeks PTO with a 2-week eligibility period
- Paid paternity & maternity leave programs
- Wellness programs, service awards, company parties
- Pay for skill environment supporting equipment ownership and personal development
NOW STARTING AT $19.11 and our shift differential for third shift is now $1.50. The Krusteaz Company, a leader in the food industry has a 3rd shift opening for Production Operator. This position is responsible for supporting all areas of production involved with packaging dry food products according to customer and company specifications, packing, trucking, stacking, counting, wrapping, weighing, cleaning and operating machinery.
Duties include all aspects of processing dry mix and not limited to data entry, record keeping, lifting 50 pounds several times per shift, using a forklift to transfer product, filling or emptying semi-trailers, and other requirements of the job.
Third Shift Sunday - Thursday 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
First Shift Monday - Friday 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
NEW STARTING RATE $19.11/hour + $1.50 shift differential for thirds
Key Requirements & Environmental Factors
This is not an exhaustive list
- Lift 50 Pounds
- Use your entire body to bend, twist, push, pull, reach, squat, climb, maneuver, stand walk, sit, and lean in awkward positions in order to perform the variety of tasks at each level.
- Speak clearly and politely into the radio
- Complete training for forklift certification
- Wear all required PPE (Steel or composite-toed shoes, uniforms, safety glasses, bump cap, hair nets, and fall protection if necessary)
- Must be able to work at heights (a couple of tasks require short periods of working at heights)
We've got the right mix of ingredients for a better career:
1) Pay for Skill Environment - The path to your success is outlined in four levels. With the purchase of the building next door, there are plenty of opportunities to contribute your skills to project work, safety, training, and continuous improvement.
2) Excellent Pay - Starting Pay is $19.11 per hour for Level 1. After Level 2 certification, pay jumps to $20.94, AND there are annual level increases based on market and budget factors. Levels 3 and 4 pay even more and perform project work and leadership tasks. Plus $1.50 shift differential.
3) Incentive Pay - Quarterly bonus incentives - earn up to 9% per quarter based on safety, quality, and other metrics.
4) Work with phenomenal people - employees are truly fantastic. We come from all walks of life and work hard to make sure we all give, learn, and grow.
Before you apply, here's what we want you to know:
1) You are not assigned to one piece of equipment - we have several different work areas, and you'll be learning a few at a time. The more you learn, the more likely you will achieve the next levels. If you love learning new things and believe that moving from one position to the next helps pass the day and keeps things interesting, this is the job for you. If you want to excel at one thing, this is not the right job for you.
2) This is hard work. You'll need more than physical strength - you'll need fortitude and gumption to handle equipment ownership, solve problems, and maneuver through the unexpected. If you like to be challenged both mentally and physically, then this is the job for you. If you are not looking for a dedicated and fast-paced working environment, this job may not be for you.
3) We wholly depend on each other. Our generous PTO Benefit (PTO available after first pay check) allow employees to take off work up to three weeks per year when scheduled off. Rare and periodic call-ins are the exception as we rely on the unique expertise YOU bring to work each day. If you tend to have multiple urgent and emergent needs that fall outside the scope of what is legal, job-protected leave of course, then this may not be the right job for you.
We make a difference by enriching the lives of consumers through products we are proud of.
You can THRIVE in a culture built on forward thinking in a supportive, family atmosphere with outstanding benefits (just ask any of our current employees!)
You're a Great Candidate if:
You are a confident, mature adult
- When faced with a situation that doesn’t seem quite right, you assume positive intent.
- You fact find and dig deep before drawing conclusions
- You learn from your mistakes and move on
- You don’t just show up every day. You show up and make great things happen.
- Your coworkers can count on you being at work every day. They know something extraordinary must have happened for you to not be at work.
- You handle daily pressure with fortitude and grace.
You want to be proud of where you work
- Quality and attention to detail are not just programs on a power point slide. You know that every product that goes out the door is someone’s weekly breakfast with their elderly parent, or the dozen donuts paid forward for an act of kindness. You’re proud of where you work, because you know that what you make matters.
- You have uncompromising ethics, refusing to cut corners or make concessions for the safe, legal, quality food we make.
- You want to take ownership of your equipment, caring for its basic maintenance.
- You possess a desire to learn the processes from start to finish.
- You are a team player
- You can provide well-thought out, constructive feedback to your peers and management team that help improve processes, quality, & safety.
- You receive feedback knowing those around you are supporting and encouraging you to be your best self.
- You approach your work and the work of your co-workers with a teachable spirit, open to learning more and instructing others to learn more.
Grow with us and prosper as we expand our Effingham operations!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.11 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location